1/12 Tamiya Suzuki GSX1100S Katana

Hi guys, here is the final reveal for the Katana. I decided to bling it up a bit and add a few blue eye candy items, not something I would do on my own bikes but this bike begs to be dressed up. Now that I have built the 1/12 scale kit, I fancy building the big 1/6 scale with the dark red candy and silver paint scheme. I hope you like the bike pictures and I look forward to any comments you have on this build. Finally, you can see my work in progress of this build in the link below.

A0cDsWB.jpg
ioYIpSM.jpg
iO2nF2G.jpg
s2yoxM4.jpg
HOmPIGb.jpg
aNjcIWN.jpg
Vdh9nXL.jpg
3suFxOH.jpg
Kc4egKE.jpg
BET227t.jpg
CBGniAf.jpg
Uns0Jj7.jpg
kQkHRAE.jpg
KjO4TAM.jpg
Hc6l66K.jpg
JMNjifl.jpg
ZlOQqZ2.jpg

• Like 16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely superb finish. I can see the clouds reflecting in the paint on the fuel tank. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice, paint finish is superb :)

Brother in law has one of those in 12" to the foot scale

I nearly bought one then plumped for the GPZ900r instead, I've got the 1/12 scale Kat and Ninja in the stash to build one day

9 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

Very nice, paint finish is superb :)

Brother in law has one of those in 12" to the foot scale

I nearly bought one then plumped for the GPZ900r instead, I've got the 1/12 scale Kat and Ninja in the stash to build one day

Thanks,never had the real Katana,had a few 900r's though in my time,just finished a CBX 6 cylinder 1982,been a 2 year restoration looks and runs like new.

• Like 1

Very nice, always liked the look of the CBX, they were a huge bike  

I've got an '84 A1 900r that I have been getting round to tidying up and getting sprayed for the last few years, but never seem to make a start as I open the garage, see the ZRX1200r at the front and take that out instead :) 

I must admit that riding the brother in laws Kat is fairly uncomfortable as it's a real reach to the handlebars over the tank