No 'Like/react' buttons on my posts?

7 hours ago, southpier said:

why is everyone obsessed with being liked?

Assuming that this was a serious question, I don't think that it's to do with being "liked". Personally, I see it as being able to let someone know that what they have posted is agreed with, or they've found it amusing or whatever. Sometimes, people may not have the time to leave a comment, so hitting the like button is just an alternative.

John.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Alex Gordon said:

For my money it's a calling card.Been,seen,looks well.

It slows down thread clutter by not having to leave a comment such as "I like this".

I like this. (please like me)

• Like 5

On 9/9/2017 at 9:38 PM, Mike said:

Right - there was a setting lurking after your last unfreezing Al.  Someone forgot to unset it.  That'll learn ya for asking to be frozen so many times! :tease:

Ha! All one times.

Thank you so much Mike. I feel loved again!

Al

On 9/10/2017 at 8:25 AM, Bullbasket said:

Assuming that this was a serious question, I don't think that it's to do with being "liked". Personally, I see it as being able to let someone know that what they have posted is agreed with, or they've found it amusing or whatever. Sometimes, people may not have the time to leave a comment, so hitting the like button is just an alternative.

John.

On 9/10/2017 at 2:12 PM, Alex Gordon said:

For my money it's a calling card.Been,seen,looks well.

It slows down thread clutter by not having to leave a comment such as "I like this".

I'm sure that is the intent of the feature. Not just a self-indulgent quest for adulation!

Thanks for your help and humour during the process!

Alan

• Like 1

On 10/09/2017 at 8:25 AM, Bullbasket said:

John.

Same here sometimes it's impossible to be able to say anything that hasn't been said already especially on dios so leaving a like lets the builder know it's been seen and apprciated....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Ha! All one times.

Thank you so much Mike. I feel loved again!

Al

One is once too many... imagine if we applied this to death. :shrug:

I rest my case. ^_^

• Haha 1