Eastern Express Sopwith Snipe in Russian Civil war markings...

Here is my latest and last before I begin the Floatplane GB...Eastern Express's Sopwith Snipe in Russian livery...

A pretty straightforward build, not real snags.  The colors are MisterKit PC-10 and British WW1 Doped Linen, Tamiya Royal Light Gray, Vallejo Aluminum...I airbrushed the lot except for the aluminum.  MisterKit airbrushed really well as long as it isn't too thin.  It covers much better than with a stick brush.   The decals are OOB, but after some research, I trimmed off the white roundels around the black stars.  I have seen the rudder in both CDL and light blue and I chose light blue for the look.  The WingNuts page is an excellent resource for the rigging and I was pleased to see they did not encourage any double lines, so I did not as well.  Rigging is the good mix of fishing line, EZ-line and stretched sprue, depending on where it was used.  A nice little model and a good addition to the Post WW1 shelf.  Controls horns fore and aft are brass wire through drilled holes.  

36105188073_1fd71ba4d8_z_d.jpg

36079012694_7f2198589b_z_d.jpg

36516657460_e4236650b0_z_d.jpg

I chose to photograph it outside on the terrace in the shade to use the diffused light.  I adjusted the white balance , worked with the shadow/highlights, colour balance, etc...then cropped.  I think they are better than my usual pics.  See you all at the starting line on Sunday!

• Like 13