1/48 Bristol Beaufighter Mk. VIf, 46 Squadron

Hello,

Here's my recently finished 1/48 Tamiya Beaufighter Mk.VIf, done as ND243 "Kampala Queen", as flown by W/O Roy Butler and radar operator W/O Ray Graham with No. 46 Squadron in the Eastern Mediterranean. You can read about their missions from Gambut in Libya here.

I used decals from DK Decals. Now, these performed well, and are nicely printed, it appears that at least the profile and colour instructions for this one are somewhat dubious. The profile suggested this one was painted in the Temperate Sea Scheme, but a discussion here on BM suggested it was more likely that it flew in the standard night fighter colours Dark Green, Medium Sea Grey and Night undersides. So that's what I did, using Humbrol for the top, and Tamiya for the bottom.

Now, I know not a whole lot about Beaufighters, so there might be a few errors here and there. The exhaust collector ring is a bit too shiny for a plane that has been flying around for a while now, and the paint looks maybe a tad too fresh for months of desert and sea operations. But hey, fun was had, and that's what counts.

I hope you like it.

LPKQFC3.jpg

hUmqWpy.jpg

WjjMSs8.jpg

M799u0J.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 18