The six hour Spitfire.

Hi folk's work and other thing's conspired on another Blitzbuild weekend to rob me of a chance to take part,but I thought I'd have a go

anyway so keeping in the rules with the little time I had I did an hour on Saturday night and five on Sunday morning to get a kit built,I

chose Airfix's Va boxing which I had built a few week's ago as I loved the BoB schemed EB-Z so here it is check out the GB for more

great build's if you get the chance.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235025882-achtung-spitfire-now-operational/

20170828_110702

DSC00127

DSC00115

DSC00124

And the two schemes in the box,I know the later version is nearer the camera but the scheme seems to make the aircraft a lot bigger

to me!

20170828_111057

• Like 41
  • Thanks 3

You're slacking. Back in the day in six hours it would be a visit to Bobby Edwards to buy said kit, built (badly), shot down a 109, strafed a column of soldiers and managed to sink a Matchbox Graf Spee then put aside as Dr Who was just starting and having a ding dong with this lot :dalek1:

Fine work for 6 hrs I might add.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darby said:

You're slacking. Back in the day in six hours it would be a visit to Bobby Edwards to buy said kit, built (badly), shot down a 109, strafed a column of soldiers and managed to sink a Matchbox Graf Spee then put aside as Dr Who was just starting and having a ding dong with this lot :dalek1:

Fine work for 6 hrs I might add.

Next project Darby,there's talk of a Christmas Blitzbuild so 1/32 kit in 24 hour's?

Many thank's Ian,its Luftwaffe  blue whitened,it's the old sky blue versus duck egg blue which is really sky etc, etc that's been raging for year's

among RAF modeller's,most had the same colour on spinner and fuselage band as covered the undersides but the instruction's called for

sky blue on this famous aircraft.

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Many thank's Ian,its Luftwaffe  blue whitened,it's the old sky blue versus duck egg blue which is really sky etc, etc that's been raging for year's

among RAF modeller's,most had the same colour on spinner and fuselage band as covered the undersides but the instruction's called for

sky blue on this famous aircraft.

Cheers Steve. It's quite an attractive colour! I've got a pot of Sovereign Colourcoats in that shade so wondered if you'd used that.

I've been toying with using it for the undersides of a BoB Hurri or Spit, just to make a change from boring old Sky.

• Like 1

Steve -

Fantastic result on your Spit - completed in 6 hours to boot - wow!! and  I thought I was a quick builder, but that is amazing.

What's your next project going to be?

Regards

Dave

11 hours ago, pheonix said:

That is a cracking build for 6 hours. You must have used acrylic paints as Humbrol would not have dried in that time!

P

Yes P Tamiya and Mr colour acrylic's.

5 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Steve -

Fantastic result on your Spit - completed in 6 hours to boot - wow!! and  I thought I was a quick builder, but that is amazing.

What's your next project going to be?

Regards

Dave

Thank's Dave,doing a couple of old Revell Spitfire's and their ancient1/28 Fokker triplane,other stuff on hold in GB's till the workspace

is sorted.