Airfix LCVP Landing Craft

Bonhoff

Hi all,

I'm aware it's a bit late in the day but I couldn't let this one pass without at least making some token effort in between the food shopping, mowing the lawn and hopefully finishing off the inner wing on the driver's side of my Stepson's Ford Fiesta project car....

So here's the first part of it - Airfix's Higgins Boat.

Going for the American scheme as with such a short time frame I don't really have time for masking so two shades of grey plus black will have to do.

36865256205_c5a7a5347d_c_d.jpg

Although it's somewhat academic now I'll be doing the 24 hour option but only using 15 hours and 12 mins of it....

36030393344_1959913624_c_d.jpg

First act was to build stage 1 and then prime the parts. That pause was then filled with breakfast and building an X-Wing (See elsewhere in GB) and followed by Vallejo MC Grey Green 165 where needed as I don't have Humbrol 32 for the darker grey.

36030396244_6649fc573f_c_d.jpg

More as it happens....

KR's

IanJ

• Like 2

These needed sorting.

36030392754_aa57ef946e_c_d.jpg

Don't need to deal with the bottom one as it'll be concealed by another part and it's preferable to have them on this side than the other where there's a treaded area. 2 minutes scraping with a flat blade.

36056561173_84da0278f2_c_d.jpg

After that it was plain sailing, one thing to note is that when the load deck goes in, you'll see the bottom of the hull between the frames, hence the messy brush painting.

36865510685_f2b0ef292d_c_d.jpg

No filler yet!

Let the pet out for a run around - Meet Colin.

36469297040_bb7d41e2d4_c_d.jpg

And that's where I left things before going to do the shopping, 1 1/2 hours later I returned slightly frazzled from Aldi and Tesco and decided on lunch.

36060579023_54fa76d475_c_d.jpg

Emotion relevant packaging.....

It's a bit too warm to weld at the moment so I'd better get on with this.

36869713225_1966a096a4_c_d.jpg

See you on the other side.

IanJ

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Yum! Cheese and toast.

Interesting challenge there but why not. Good luck!

Is it cheese and toast or as I always thought cheese on toast?

Great work by the way dude. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 2

Lawn sorted.

36474767740_971d856d14_c_d.jpg

Back to the LCVP,

36040530984_f4f4060842_c_d.jpg

Mask up for the Medium Sea Grey then paint.

36703749192_1175f2cdc3_c_d.jpg

36703747272_6c0f12c4bf_c_d.jpg

Masked and painted the underside in Panzer Grey, the tape lifted some of the mid grey and I had some overspray to deal with before I could glue the freshly painted upperworks to the decking.

Current state of play.

36066234753_4c86aa3bc5_c_d.jpg

Have come in to sort tea for family.

More to follow hopefully

IanJ

• Like 7

36041672594_ca2950a1d1_c_d.jpg

Tea for me was this - A couple of Punjabi Samosas, some Patra, Potato Salad and some minted onion, cucumber and tomato chutney.

Back in the shed for the final push once Mrs B has been tucked into bed.

• Like 4

Mmmm...  Samose...  Patra... A repast fit for a sage.  Was there naan?

I'm peckish now; I'd like an Aztec bar, but they're no longer available.  Still, we must make sacrifices...

Looking forward to the boat.  I as going to build mine in post war civilian guise as a dive platform, as used by some American science wallah.  Can't remember who.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chillidragon said:

Was there naan?

'fraid not, there was a bit of a carb fest going on there as it was.

To give you a picture of catering requirements chez Bonhoff, cooking tea may involve 3 different meals due to fussy eaters, alleged gluten intolerance, different mealtimes etc. Some days it's a miracle I get modelling time at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Bonhoff said:

'fraid not, there was a bit of a carb fest going on there as it was.

To give you a picture of catering requirements chez Bonhoff, cooking tea may involve 3 different meals due to fussy eaters, alleged gluten intolerance, different mealtimes etc. Some days it's a miracle I get modelling time at all.

Blooming Nora, are you running a Cafe ?

• Like 2

I hear you.  I have the same problem.  Fussy daughter (worth it), Vegan wife, Diabetic me.  If I prepare Tabouleh, I have to do a batch for wifey* Arab style - lots of parsley - while mine is Israeli style (tons of mint.  I'm Welsh, so it's mint with everything).  No meat in the cawl either... 

*From Cheltenham.

• Like 1