On 07/09/2017 at 5:39 PM, rob85 said:

Oooooo cool choice Joe! Looking forward to this.

Rob

Hello Rob, nice to hear from you. Thanks, I was hoping to get some more done this week, but it never happened. It will be next week now. Joe. 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2017 at 7:43 PM, CedB said:

Nice seams Joe, coming together nicely :)

Thanks Ced. Good to see you've got one under your belt. 

I've started to clean up the parts I've glued together. I used a scraper to clean the seams off, then finished off with micro-mesh.

lZGOfLb.jpg

Xn83TUK.jpg

YF7pd2N.jpg

I used an homemade sanding board to clean off the leading edge of the wing. Doing it this way leaves a nice straight edge. I only take off the minimum, or the edge will start to look flat. 

Z6NamMg.jpg

Hopefully, I will make a start on the cockpit next week. I will also take an off cut from the decal sheet to see if they are still useable.

In the meantime, I can prime the parts I've glued together. 

Thanks for looking, Joe. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, jrlx said:

Good progress and great photography, Joe! Looking forward to the next instalment.

Cheers

Jaime

Hi Jaime, thank you. Sorry it's slow going. I don't know what happened in my last post. The words look really large. I must have pressed something with my fat fingers. :hmmm:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fatboydim said:

Hi Jaime, thank you. Sorry it's slow going. I don't know what happened in my last post. The words look really large. I must have pressed something with my fat fingers. :hmmm:

No worries about the building pace, Joe. I still have to start my entry but I'm being held by my MiG-29 build. Regarding the font size, you probably selected a larger font size in the correspondent drop-down menu of the post editor (on the top right of the editor window).

Cheers

Jaime

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jrlx said:

No worries about the building pace, Joe. I still have to start my entry but I'm being held by my MiG-29 build. Regarding the font size, you probably selected a larger font size in the correspondent drop-down menu of the post editor (on the top right of the editor window).

Cheers

Jaime

Ah, thank you Jaime. :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Nice work Joe, do you mind if I sit in?

I will be a quiet as a mouse, a hippopotamouse that is LOL.

Simon

Your more than welcome Simon :D

I'm not the fastest of model makers, so you might find the going slow. But please feel free to drop in and have a say. 

Thank you, Joe. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the arrival of the Airfix Walrus and after a chat with Jaime, I'm putting this build on hold, and starting my Walrus.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you Jaime.   

Joe. 

• Like 2

No probs, Joe. I'll be following your Walrus build with great interest. You can come back to this one after the Walrus, within or outside the GB.

Cheers

Jaime

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 16/09/2017 at 5:22 PM, Fatboydim said:

Nothing wrong with a large font size, some of us senior builders haven't got the same eyesight as you youngsters  :clif:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:
On 9/17/2017 at 2:22 AM, Fatboydim said:

Nothing wrong with a large font size, some of us senior builders haven't got the same eyesight as you youngsters  :clif:

cheers Pat

I thought I had accidentally zoomed in!

• Like 1