Meng's 'Toon' Sherman M4A1 - in approx. 18 hours

Well it's been great fun down in the Blitzbuild GB! If you haven't taken a look yet make sure you do - or, if you've got a spare 24 hours free before midnight on Monday evening, build something of your own!

I chose to build Meng's Sherman and what a great kit to build. I think it took me about 18 or so hours of actual build time from start to finish. Because I needed to make it in a limited amount of time I opted to use Humbrol's rattlecan matt Olive Drab for the main painting but everything else is applied with by brush and it's all OOB.

WIP: Here

Start time:

IMG_9717

......and finished time:

IMG_9756

The photos:

IMG_9768

IMG_9769

IMG_9770

IMG_9771

IMG_9772

IMG_9773

IMG_9774

IMG_9775

IMG_9782

IMG_9783

IMG_9784

IMG_9785

Some on my Spitfire display shelf:

IMG_9790

IMG_9791

IMG_9793

IMG_9794

IMG_9796

IMG_9797

Thank you to Enzo Matrix for organising the GB and everyone who took the time to comment in my WIP thread. Roll on the next Blitzbuild GB!

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 13

12 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Great job as usual, even though it's lots faster than your normal builds, chuckle, chuckle.  And you didn't use a brush, slipping a bit there.

It's so damned ugly it's actually rather cute.

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd. Yeah yeah yeah........so it normally takes me while! That's the thing about the Blitzbuild GB - it makes me have to get on with it, which I enjoy occasionally. I decided to use spray cans to speed up the process - my usual brush painting usually takes two or three coats and each requires drying time. Using spray cans makes me nervous - I have messed up a few times years ago with the kits ending up in the bin. I thought on a kit this cheap it was worth the risk.

Thank you for your comments and I agree - it is ugly but cute!

Kind regards,

Stix

18 hours ago, celt said:

Well tidy toon tank :clap2:.I love these toons,I have done the KV2 and the King Tiger,now I want the Sherman.

Thank you celt for your kind comments. I agree - this Toon tanks was great fun. You'll enjoy the Sherman. Mrs PlaStix has just finished the Tiger 1 but found some of the assembly quite interesting - the wheels, idler and drive sprocket, for example, all had to be fitted interlinked at the same time. I've had a headache most of the day today so kept out of the way when the language also got...er.....'interesting' too!!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

Great build Stix. Perfect choice for a speed build.

You know they've announced a Panzer III and a T-34 now.

Andy

Hi Andy and thank you very much. Yeah it did lend itself to getting done quickly. Thanks for the news about the new Toons, I hadn't heard, but will definitely be on the look out for them!

Kind regards,

Stix

On 01/09/2017 at 19:21, Carius said:

Lightning build and finish my friend.

Looks great indeed.

Thank you very much Carius. As always you are very kind.

Kind regards,

Stix