Three pups in a weekend - Valom 1/144 Sopwith Pup x2 and Molly

nimrod54

We had an early start this morning, up at 6.00 am with Molly. After sorting her out and a breakfast of porridge with banana and honey (I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth, along with cries of Sassenach from here) and with Molly taking five, I decided it was time to start the first 12 hour session.

36027373983_12d89c6ba5_c.jpg

36440108080_34a262fe49_c.jpg

36027373083_68322b8a95_c.jpg

My plan of attack is to get a single coat of paint on before I start on some assembly, so the parts have been washed and are dying off at the moment. I should then be able to get a coat of primer on them to kick things off.

• Like 7

3 pups in a weekend, wonder which will give you the most issues? I wish I'd joined this GB, pics of kittens, puppies and some great snacks right up to full roasts! Not to mention great building in super times. Good luck with your sesh today 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Breakfast of champions. (Well if you took the bananas out). Hope is going well buddy. 

It's going OK bud, a bit of separation anxiety which is only to be expected, but we are sticking with it and she soon settles.

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Exactly how far away are they John?Now that's way tosmall for me!

Relax Steve, these are really 1/24. I took the photo down the wrong end of my binoculars. :winkgrin:

Main components have received a first thin coat of paint and are currently drying. I am hoping to start some assembly later

36445955680_95e41d0bc2_c.jpg

• Like 4

After a nice Sunday roast for tea it was time to start some assembly work.

36711164621_9c286eb536_c.jpg

But after working for about an hour on the first model with little progress to show for my efforts, I have called it a day for today.

36711167441_72ae1f25e6_c.jpg

I decided that I could live with the basic interior in this scale, even though the pilot would have had no way of operating the rudder. But the control column was too flat so I made a 3D replacement, then the next job was to fit the floor. A test fit showed that this wasn't going to be as straightforward as I though it would be with the side walls requiring some thinning to close up the fuselage. Hopefully this learning curve will speed up the process and yield better results on the second kit.

36711165931_ec945be1a3_c.jpg

STUMPS

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

... Sunday roast looks good too. 

It was very tasty, Mrs N is able to burn a very nice meal when she tries. :D This mornings breakfast doesn't look so appetising, my Dad would have said that it looked like something scraped from the bottom of a birdcage. He was very set in his ways preferring the jam pot and either toast or bread and butter for his breakfast "Oh no, non of that fancy foreign stuff for me".

This mornings treat muesli and orange juice. No Jenkins, not in the same dish. :D

36723333311_42af8993f5_c.jpg

I'm off to start todays 12hr stint shortly. I don't know how much progress I will make though, relatives visiting this afternoon and I am responsible for making the curry for our meal tonight. I had best press on Tempus Fugit and all that...

• Like 1

This is where I left things last night ready for a fresh start this morning.

36031510844_40ca8d6ef3_c.jpg

And after a couple of hours work with a brief stop for some elevenses this is where I am up to.

36695144192_e1d2aa8e6d_c.jpg

36695143132_43d912d612_c.jpg

Looks like I may be heading for a spectacular fail in my first Blitzbuild, but I will keep plodding along until I reach my deadline around 22:00hrs (that's 10pm for the Capt. Mainwarings out there).

Time a quick spot of lunch methinks.

• Like 4

Good heavens these are really tiny John!

The paint looks good and nice work on the interior.

Good luck on getting one done.

:thumbsup2: 

Best regards

TonyT

PS: Yesterday's roast looked very nice indeed :Tasty:!

• Like 1

Thanks for all your support chaps, but unfortunately time has run away with me today and there is little chance of me completing these to a satisfactory standard over the next two hours. I have just finished applying a second coat of cream for the CDL finish which needs time to dry and the cowling will require a bit of work or possibly corrective surgery to get it looking right. However, that could give me a chance to have a crack at rigging them just to see if I can do it. :mental:

36735760811_ed997c5b97_c.jpg

The curry was a tasty Chicken Jalfrezi with Pilau rice, definitely loosened the phlegm. :sick:

36735764791_d06fda8099_c.jpg

36735762741_f3c29151d2_c.jpg

But even though I had a clean plate, there was no free lolly. :crying: Mrs N has said I can have a chocolate later to make up for the disappointment. :)

Finally I must admit that the third pup in the trio has also contributed to eating into my time today, she has started to find her feet and her voice which has led to us having a lot of fun. So for the last time for a little while, here is Molly.

36067174343_439839dbdd_c.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent!  More tiny 1/144 stuff and looking extremely nice so far too!

Ach g'wan, rig it, rig it... You know you want to. It's easy...        :thumbsup:

Besides, having assaulted my senses by eating porridge with banana and honey (Salt man, salt! What the devil's wrong wi ye?) you should do it.

Actually I'm quite keen to see how you do it. I used to use invisible thread and CA glue  (on a 1/144 DH-2)  but these days have advanced to Uschi elastic thread and UV light setting glue which worked well on a recent scratch built 1/350 Armed Trawler and (an as yet unfinished  :blush:  ) 1/350 HMS Zinnia. Much easier to use and reasonably forgiving to catching on things.

The UV glue does seem to work well.

:popcorn:

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, Murdo said:

Besides, having assaulted my senses by eating porridge with banana and honey (Salt man, salt! What the devil's wrong wi ye?) you should do it

My apologies Murdo. It's a good job that I didn't add the third ingredient of the unholy alliance - dried cranberries, I suppose that would have led to being burnt at the stake. :D

11 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

My apologies Murdo. It's a good job that I didn't add the third ingredient of the unholy alliance - dried cranberries, I suppose that would have led to being burnt at the stake. :D

:yikes:

:dalek:

:rofl:

Soooo... Are you going to rig them? The Pups, not the cranberries.      :giggle:

• Haha 1