B-17G Aluminum Overcast

Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hello all this is a post I've decided to transfer here from Real Aviation. I moved it so more people might get use from the photos. I have approximately 50 Photos but will only post 9 here for now. There was an EAA ( Experimental Aircraft Association ) Air Tour stopping by me this weekend. Planes there were a B-17G, TBM Avenger, T-6 texan, T-28 Trojan, & an L-5 Sentinel.  and that pretty much covers it. I was only able to get photos of the B-17 though from my perspective outside the fence line. I will try to post other photos if you need anything specific not showing. 

lB9qkCD.jpg

8qZUodP.jpg

jJLGQuK.jpg

H0QvrvK.jpg

AWPwkK7.jpg

BwldmHC.jpg

oBsdlzt.jpg

peLu7ib.jpg

2P47bkq.jpg

S4BIdiv.jpg

Ok and last up is the Avenger. It was taxiing when i got there so i only have the single photo. Warning the blue/grey is incorrect. Whoever owns it didnt research navy colors. 

ol3rX44.jpg

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Additional
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I apologize Vinnie for not explaining that. EAA = is short for "Experimental Aircraft Assocition." They are the Group that are Responsible for the Big airshow every year at there Headquarters in Oshkosh Wisconsin. That airshow is the Equivalent to the RIAT in the UK. As a former member the mailers i have received usually had the price between $150.00-$200.00. For about a 35-45 minute flight. They also have a B-24J or M that has appeared here in the past. Depending on weather and other local factors. EAA Members were given first priority. Then it was a case of 1st come 1st served. Well worth the $ if one can spare it. To be able to go up in one of the most famous WW2 planes would be the chance of a lifetime. Im not sure if the BBMF ( Battle of Britain Memorial Flight ), or other Groups in the UK have a similar program? 

8 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I will stand corrected on this, but I believe the nearest we can get to that is a taxi ride in a Lancaster for £300+

Hello Dears,

Or ask Caroline Grace for a ride in the Mk IX, Or get in Florida at Stallion 51....

But I do prefer think about anything else.

As a member for years of the EAA, I still have lots of reviews from '90.

Thank for sharing F4U, seem that we have a common interest....

Aluminium overcast was my favourite , really like that paint scheme.

Thank for sharing.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

I posted the best photos to show the most of the plane. I was hoping this will help anyone currently working on a B-17. I still have a # of photos but they're mostly just more of the same. Some different angles of things like the upper turret or waist section, and the Cheyenne Tail turret.

• Thanks 1