Achtung Spitfire! Now Operational!

stevej60

Hi folk'sgot an early finish so thought I'd get an hour start while the house was quiet! So poured a Malbec and waited till ten.

DSC00097

Interior green where applicable.

20170826_222341

Interior air scoop facings painted black and fitted.

20170826_221102

Interior paited,dry brushed and detailed,IP decal on and air bottles painted.

20170826_224410

Wing's assembled after dry brushing details.

20170826_224609

And first hour gone with seat and wheels now with first coat of paint on,so not a bad start thanks for looking see you around seven AM.

DSC00100

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

Jeez Louise, that's neat so far too. A spit in this time frame, I've never built one, gotta be glued to this! You going for a night build? I'd sit up and watch...McGregor and Mayweather, nah pay per view Steve's Spitfire 🍿

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Jeez Louise, that's neat so far too. A spit in this time frame, I've never built one, gotta be glued to this! You going for a night build? I'd sit up and watch...McGregor and Mayweather, nah pay per view Steve's Spitfire 🍿

Sorry mate I'm re-starting in the morning,got till  1'oclock to finish before work,wish me luck!

• Like 1

Thank's all guess who slept in? Anyway re-start at 8AM.

DSC00101

Fuselage joined then wing's touch filler here and there after a half hour sanded the joins.

20170827_080844

Sky applied still wet in the photo

20170827_084243

Masked and Mr Hobby earth applied which dries quickly so I now amready for the green,while waiting I,ve painted the wheels,prop

and canopy framing.

20170827_085431

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Cheer's Big X,yes me in a minute or so! One coat of Tamiya RAF green has covered beautifully somasking off ready for gloss.

20170827_094405

Well thinned Humbrol glosscoat dries very quickly so give it till half ten and the main decals will be started,I've two hours left to my deadline

but dont leave till one so extra hour to play with still does it in six,Phew!

20170827_095704

• Like 6

Thank's stix too kind! Right we have what looks like a Spitfire,panic moment when I realised that unlike the late war version nofuselage stripe supplied

so out with the tape,dried,glossed,and remaining decal's applied,really just a couple of decal's to dothen matt coat,no wash on her but I will do some

exhaust and gun staining if time permit's.

20170827_105902

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh my that is incredible looking, and so perfect in a fast time!! I WANT TO BUILD A SPITFIRE! Inspirational, the quality of your build is..i have no words..

• Like 1

Right I am going to the shops, Steve, is this an Airfix MkII? And who does that sky colour you are using? Did you do pre panel line shading underside or is the panel lines just that good? Thank, know you are a bit busy to be answering questions, but you've made me want to build one completely this afternoon...

just back....shop was closed 😓

Edited by Valkyrie
Update

25 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Oh my that is incredible looking, and so perfect in a fast time!! I WANT TO BUILD A SPITFIRE! Inspirational, the quality of your build is..i have no words..

Do it now!

21 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Right I am going to the shops, Steve, is this an Airfix MkII? And who does that sky colour you are using? Did you do pre panel line shading underside or is the panel lines just that good? Thank, know you are a bit busy to be answering questions, but you've made me want to build one completely this afternoon...

Again do it! It's the Va boxing but is basically the same Spitfire kit that appears in Airfix's boxes,to be honest the panel lines are too deep so no need

for pre shading and don't put a wash in those fuselage lines this was a major criticism of my early attempts at this kit I've now learned my lesson!

Anyway last job's done after matt coating radio wire added and a little gun and exhaust staining with sanded pencil dust,great fun thanks for the support

I'll have to wait now till tomorrow for gallery shot's.right now I can catch up on everyone else's work

DSC00103

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

hello Steve,

Speedy Gonzalez of the Spitfire _ What a modelling lessons :yes:

In the field of speed modelling, I must be at let's say 20 millions light years :D

Very nice Spitfire , will not start and finish a Mk V, no no no :wicked:

Airbrush painted I suppose ?

Congratulations :worthy:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

hello Steve,

Speedy Gonzalez of the Spitfire _ What a modelling lessons :yes:

In the field of speed modelling, I must be at let's say 20 millions light years :D

Very nice Spitfire , will not start and finish a Mk V, no no no :wicked:

Airbrush painted I suppose ?

Congratulations :worthy:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Many thank's,my usual airbrushed base colours brush painted camoflage and gloss coating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1