1986 Ferrari

Last one for a while, we're packing up for a move next week and then I have my next round of chemo right after so I've no idea when I'll be able to get back to building.

1986 Ferrari F1/86 1/43rd Scale from Hi-Fi Automodelli. Pretty much like the others, essentially box stock with addition of foil & etch racing harness. Tamiya paints, urethane clear. One exception. The upper A-arms where missing from my kit so I had to carve new ones. Just once piece that slides through the nose. Made it out of sheet plastic, fortunately it's the same part in a kit I had of the late season '85 Ferrari so I had something to copy. Can you tell which is which in the photo?

36656144382_5541b79f9f_b.jpg

So here are the F1/86 photos

1/43 Ferrari F-1/86 Hi-Fi1/43 Ferrari F-1/86 Hi-Fi1/43 Ferrari F-1/86 Hi-Fi1/43 Ferrari F-1/86 Hi-Fi1/43 Ferrari F-1/86 Hi-Fi1/43 Ferrari F-1/86 Hi-Fi1/43 Ferrari F-1/86 Hi-Fi1/43 Ferrari F-1/86 Hi-Fi1/43 Ferrari F-1/86 Hi-Fi

Here are some photos of works in progress I'll hopefully get back to before too long.

SMTS 1967 Ferrari 312

Building and test fitting sub assemblies

1/43 S.R.C. 1967 Ferrari 312

Filling imperfections and sharpening up surface detail prior to primer

36656182152_a08fc011a9_b.jpg

Same procedure on a very old and rare C Scale 1/43 1966 Ferrari 312

1/43 C-Scale 1966 Ferrari 312

And lastly, same pre assembly and clean up for the 1/43 Tameo 1988 Ferrari F1/88

36656186332_bebe889c2c_b.jpg

From Mr. All Ferrari All The Time:P

• Like 2

Another great F1 Ferrari build from you Lowbrow. I have been quietly following all of your 1:43 Ferrari RFI's and have to say they are a very cool collection and nicely built - very well done!! The wishbones ('A' frames) at the top of your picture are the plastic ones, but a good replica nonetheless!

Good luck with your move and I wish you well with your next round of chemo - hope all comes to a successful conclusion.

P.S. - Really like the look of your prepped 1960's Ferraris, they'll look supercool when finished and painted. :thumbsup: 

All the best,

Kev :)

• Thanks 1

That's another stunning little Prancing Horse, Mr. All Ferrari, usual beautiful finish!

Very best wishes for your next treatment & good luck with the move.

And I agree with Kev about the 60's Ferraris, they're going to be another pair of beauties!

All the best

Keith

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spoly said:

but an awful looking car. the profile of the engine cover is just wrong.

I disagree, I think it flows really nicely - & it's a ravishing beauty compared to the things 'racing' now, not to mention how bad they'll look next year when those hideous halo contraptions are introduced!

Keith

• Like 2

Probably like many people, I find moving house to be very stressful; so I sincerely hope that it, and what you have to go through afterwards, all goes as smoothly as possible.

Being eagle-eyed (or should that be aegle-eyed?) I spotted an odd error in the front tyre markings. I hope that it doesn't bug you as it would me, but I guess that it would be fixable?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ade H said:

Being eagle-eyed (or should that be aegle-eyed?) I spotted an odd error in the front tyre markings. I hope that it doesn't bug you as it would me, but I guess that it would be fixable?

Aha! I wondered if anyone would notice. I was soaking them prior to application when I noticed. Fixing at that time would have been possible but a real PITA, so I let it go. There was a day it would have drove me nuts but my attitude now is it's a conversation point for those who notice. Most won't notice. Having done my share of decal art, I can't quite figure out how the artist muffed it up like that.

MrModeller is exactly correct, the top wishbones are mine.

spoly may be correct on the engine cover form, I can't say I checked that close, but it doesn't seem to be off that much in comparison with this photo

36041086604_7440142468_b.jpg

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

• Like 2