Questions about where to post certain things?

Hi fellas I'm new here as of yesterday and as a former experienced web designer and hoster of forums I'm acutely aware of posting in the incorrect forum so may I ask a few questiosn here please;

1 - Being new here and new to modelling, is there a forum especially for newbies so I don't impose my probably tedious immature and potentially 'stoopid' questions amongst the more experienced crowd - or not?

2 - I have questions about the 'better' companies to use for kits and tooling etc to avoid spending a (currently non-existent budget) on frankly cheap poor quality products. I appreciate that if it does the job then fine no matter the price.

3 - I see you have a forum/list of 'shops manufacturers and vendors' May I ask are they forum sponsors or can I expect to have answers by members who have no vested interest in promoting their own wares or promoting or others companies wares?

4 - I'm at the stage of trying to source a cheap work surface to install into my front room of a 2up-2down terrace so there is the level I am at.

Thanks fellas if you can assist me with these hopefully basic questions :smile:

Ah, welcome.

Any question is appreciated as long as it's in a reasonably logical location. Any questions about tools, for example, can go in the tools section (scroll down a fair ol' way to the end of the section headed Modelling). Questions about kits are best placed by genre: for instance, ask general questions about car kits in Vehicle Discussion and AFVs / trucks in Armour Discussion. Questions about particular kits would probably attract the most traffic in the genres-by-era sections. To get to know your way around, just peruse the titles of all of the many sub-fora on the main page. To Q3, I'm not sure off-hand. Q4 is a bit difficult to place: could be Tools, perhaps. Ikea makes a lot of cheap but good desks.

Edited by Ade H

Welcome to Britmodeller. It's all very friendly here and if you post on the 'wrong' forum then the worst you'll get is a suggestion to move your  post to the 'right' forum.

I suggest you go and read some posts in forums based on your subjects of interest. You'll probably find answers to your questions have already been posted.

I hope you enjoy the forum. It's a friendly and very informative corner of the web.

Brian

As @Ade H said, the forums are laid out in a very logical way. Most of your questions can be answered by Google. It can help if you include Britmodeller in your search. As for Q4:shrug: . Just enjoy and learn from members.

BTW. Welcome:yes:

Edited by Vinnie