Spot of the Day Part 2

On 2/21/2019 at 7:01 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

I wouldn't waste photons on a cyclist in a yellow vest, even if he was riding  Diana Dors.

Ban the pervert, this is a family site. (giving your age away there 81st TFW)

On 2/21/2019 at 6:16 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Awful little things. It was all done with rubber bands.

(And probably a lawnmower engine)

A mate of mine from TA days, a bloody great brick outhouse of an ex marine had one of those hateful things in yellow, known throughout the company as daffodil.

• Haha 2

On 03/03/2019 at 18:20, PLC1966 said:

A Morris Marina Coupe in Sleafod today.  Some type of thawn sandy brown colour.

I am somewhat concerned as I thought the car looked quite good !!

I'm sure there are tablets for that... there does seem to have been a brown theme going on this weekend though.

As for me and my weekend travels, the first thing of note was a completely hateful and hideous Lamborghini Urus (in blue, not brown). Looks like a Porsche Cayenne which has gone under the back of a lorry... which may be the best thing for it. Later on, there was a much nicer grey 81/82 BMW 318, and a much more battered orange 80/81 Skoda Estelle. And on my way to work this morning, a reasonable red Triumph Herald coming the other way.

But, keepign up the brown/beige theme and in the midst of all of that... in the same way that once you buy a car you suddenly see loads like, it seems the same applies to models. :) Having built once recently, I also saw this little beauty looking as though it was in regular use by the condition:

47230735312_78e2427285_c.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spiny said:

I'm sure there are tablets for that... there does seem to have been a brown theme going on this weekend though.

As for me and my weekend travels, the first thing of note was a completely hateful and hideous Lamborghini Urus (in blue, not brown). Looks like a Porsche Cayenne which has gone under the back of a lorry... which may be the best thing for it. Later on, there was a much nicer grey 81/82 BMW 318, and a much more battered orange 80/81 Skoda Estelle. And on my way to work this morning, a reasonable red Triumph Herald coming the other way.

But, keepign up the brown/beige theme and in the midst of all of that... in the same way that once you buy a car you suddenly see loads like, it seems the same applies to models. :) Having built once recently, I also saw this little beauty looking as though it was in regular use by the condition:

47230735312_78e2427285_c.jpg

Trabant ?

1 minute ago, PLC1966 said:

Trabant ?

Yes, very much so. Looked a little timeworn on the outside, but other than that quite a nice example. And my last completion was a Trabi Universal. :)

10 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

An increasingly rare sight: red Peugeot 405 estate in a front garden.

That's strange, I see them in front gardens all the time 😉 

• Haha 1

Ghostly sighting in Rutland today, 

In a lane in the pouring rain behind what was Cottesmore, a WW2 jeep with RAF painted on the panel below the screen.

It was certainly worth a double take!

• Like 2

Just now, while driving home, a Chevrolet pickup, from what I can tell after looking it up it looked like a '57 or '58 Apache. Very nice!

On 3/18/2019 at 3:12 PM, rs2man said:

I keep forgetting to mention that somebody up the other end of my street has a really tidy-looking Rover 100 (a Metro with delusions of grandeur) in metallic red . 

There's still a couple of them and an original Metro knocking around over here along with two or three early/mid 80s Minis.....

It must be metro week, because I saw one yesterday which looked quite tidy.

But puzzle of the week is the BL car i saw on tuesday, which was the big wedge shaped one from the late '70's and damned if I know what it's called, wheter or not it's a BL, or a Rover.

No doubt when someone takes pity on me, and names it, I'll go "Ooohhh. Massive slap to my forehaed""

55 minutes ago, Whofan said:

It must be metro week, because I saw one yesterday which looked quite tidy.

But puzzle of the week is the BL car i saw on tuesday, which was the big wedge shaped one from the late '70's and damned if I know what it's called, wheter or not it's a BL, or a Rover.

No doubt when someone takes pity on me, and names it, I'll go "Ooohhh. Massive slap to my forehaed""

Could it have been an Austin Princess or possibly an Ambassador?

Regards

Steve 

Edited by fatfingers
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Could it have been an Austin Princess or possibly an Ambassador?

Regards

Steve 

Guess what I’ve just done .....:doh:

It was indeed one of those, it went past too quickly to identify which of those.

Many thanks Steve.

Edited by Whofan
Clarity
  • Haha 1

Up at Apperley Bridge in the marina car park, a 5.9litre Cadillac saloon, about mid 60's to early 70's as quite angular

• Like 2