Spot of the Day Part 2

In the car park at work yesterday there was a Citroen BX GTI 16 Valve .  Haven't seen one for years - I thought they'd all been broken up & the engines & gearboxes fitted to 205 GTI rally cars .

4 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Honestly can't think when I last saw one.

There's probably a very good reason why.

Yesterday on the M6 near Birmingham, on the back of a recovery truck. 

A Triumph TR250 which is the American spec TR5 in very nice condition with British F reg (1967) plates. 

I didn't get to see if it was LHD or RHD though. It was the same colour as this one. It could even be this one!

http://www.classicandsportscar.ltd.uk/images_catalogue/large/triumph-tr5-pi_32289.jpg

• Like 1

This morning while driving to work, a long version Land Rover with 4 doors and a loadbed with a soft top. And also, a mint sky blue  (this will give @keefr22 something to think about 😉) Citroen DS with a white roof. Shame it had a bike rack including bike strapped to it. 

• Haha 2

On 28/03/2019 at 09:33, Spiny said:

Today in London, probably one of the most '70s cars I've seen in a long while - a brown over gold two-tone Silver Shadow. The only thing it was lacking for the full '70s effect was a vinyl roof! Looked absolutely mint though, far too nice for London traffic.

That colour combination was generally referred to by car dealers as "Sh*t over Sawdust"

• Haha 3

I saw one the other day in yellow & brown. It looked like the old banana chews we used to buy.

Today, just outside Nottingham, in red & grey, what looked like an old 20's/30's racer on the road.

And coming home this afternoon, Southbound on the A15 was a BMW 850, one of my favourite beamers.

On the way into work, a nice looking Fiat Barchetta parked at the side of the road (not broken down, genuinely parked).

And then, on the way back, this beauty - Citroen CX Safari. I can't remember when I last saw a CX, even in France let alone over here.

46870627784_5e627af8e9.jpg

The photo is off the dashcam, hence it being a bit small and grainy. And when I would have had the best shot of it, an Audi went and stuck itself in the way like on that old episode of Top Gear :(

• Like 1

Yesterday in Kidderminster- a blue Vauxhall viva estate.

Couldn't see the number plate, but given it could be 1970 era it looked quite good.

• Like 1

One of these..............

5197668_orig.jpg

In pale orange and pearl white. I don't know what was underneath, but it was all contained inside the standard bodywork. By the look of the diff cover and the back wheels, it wasn't any flat head 1198cc sidevalve.

• Like 4

Last time coming back from Scotland, a British Racing Green TR7 and yesterday a pre 1963 Moggie in grey and and a black Ford Prefect, a 1938-53 model

• Like 1

Went on a little jaunt to a National place near Bridgenorth today and saw this (not sure what it is, bathtub porsche? )

xojH0Udl35mV_jPpk0jq7XMer9Rk0-H5kBe-cos5

and three Ferrari's (the pic of the other wasn't very good).

97Kdbed_hdqmM5qhEbxRf2JkbDdF30bX7aL-3xf1

One of which was in a hedge.

TToqt8srzby9scEuwEebuR_0WozZjtqEWAfQ_7DI

:giggle:

• Like 3

Porsche 356. (Think re-bodied early Beetle) Although it may be a replica, that black wing mirror looks odd on there.

The 356 is a sports car that was built by Porsche between 1950 and 1965. This was the first production car that the company ever made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite a bit today - take your pick from these :) I think the only car which was a first for me in the flesh though was a Mazda AZ-1 (towards the back of the second photo, unfortunately, I didn't get a shot just of that one).

m-_05A2GtPSskIsOz0CohK3HVQ6yfbWQsT8hzeEI

G34hVVjeVUUuB-jCpmOeEGE1rRbhp--Ji-WSJlqa

And a few of specific cars. First up, a nice Ferrari 365BB

jLawihijerFb5ZLiaQsWcJO5zMuGsM-XZPEBoiLB

A car I haven't seen for ages - a Dolomite

lLUPLUZhQCp927l127K5dU1lt_FPLtuG5lXvLXNX

Another one I haven't seen for ages - Volvo 480

DIjGROIZz-VEjMOCJCFxw7x5I0rJa3Kxwnmfw9ee

A good job the weather was nice, but a thoroughly pleasant way to spend the day.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

was a Mazda AZ-1

Had to google that as I had no idea what one was & I'm pretty sure I've never seen one either. Can't say I'm that bothered if I ever do...!! :)

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

G34hVVjeVUUuB-jCpmOeEGE1rRbhp--Ji-WSJlqa

Who let that modern white monstrosity park in the front row...?! :winkgrin:

What was the event, some good looking stuff there...

Keith

• Haha 2

Travelling yesterday up the A1for mum's funeral and there was a van towing a trailer with something from the late twenties-early thirties on the trailer. It was a chassis, engine and saloon bodywork, but unidentifiable. It looked from the condition if it just come out of a farm outbuilding, so there must be treasures still hiding somewhere. 

30 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Travelling yesterday up the A1for mum's funeral and there was a van towing a trailer with something from the late twenties-early thirties on the trailer. It was a chassis, engine and saloon bodywork, but unidentifiable. It looked from the condition if it just come out of a farm outbuilding, so there must be treasures still hiding somewhere. 

Sorry to hear about your mum, my condolences to you and your family.

There must be dozens of 'unfinished projects' about in garages and the like - our rally Mini is fast becomming someone's 'barn find'. My health precludes me doing any work on it now, and my son has too many other commitments to spend any meaningful time on it. We've only started her up three or four times in the last two years, so she's slowly rotting away out in the garage....

Keith

• Sad 3

@Mr T, Condolences to you and yours.

@keefr22, Sell it now, (before it gets too bad & the value drops) and put the money to good use. Sentiment is all very well, but you can't spend it.

Did a delivery of beer over to Norfolk today, as far as Bungay. (Not quite close enough to the big H though).

Today's spots....Blue Volvo Amazon on wide wheels, Two TR6's, one blue one Damson, a Caterham 7, & two MGB GT's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1