Spot of the Day Part 2

A fw years ago We saw a lurid pink something stretched limo here, used as a wedding car, can't remember now if it was a hummer.

But something a little more personal - (I wasn't taken to my wedding in a stretch limo, a yellow 4.2 hard top E type) - I saw a yellow vauxhall viva today between Kidderminster and Stourport. I learnt to drive in a viva - in 1972.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 1

Out and about in West Yorkshire (ish) today.

A lovely V reg Silver BMW 318 Estate. Looks so much better than anything they produce nowadays. Want one!

At Doncaster railway station, a  B reg Laser Capri in dark maroon. On gold Minilite alikes. 

And, for fans of the Moggy Minor, What happened when Misfit garage got hold of one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yq2A1eGwdQ

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

A lovely V reg Silver BMW 318 Estate. Looks so much better than anything they produce nowadays. Want one!

Until recently there was a lovely dark metallic green one around here - I wanted that one too!

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

a  B reg Laser Capri in dark maroon. On gold Minilite alikes.

Wouldn't say no to one of those either!

K

• Like 1

Hi all,

Might not be that special to most but I thought this was worth a quick snap, only 'cos this is the first unmolested and genuine Type-R I've seen in years. Never knew Honda produced a Type-R out of this model Civic. Looks like it's about to transform into one of those Japanese anime robots...

tumblr_pn8pcyrpf31xxqk0so1_1280.jpg

All the best.

• Like 3

On 19/02/2019 at 17:28, Pete in Lincs said:

Having driven one (my ex bought one) you wouldn't. What a pile.

And, for fans of the Moggy Minor, What happened when Misfit garage got hold of one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yq2A1eGwdQ

Made a right mess of that. Far better with the Rover V8, and keep everything inside the shell.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

A tiny yellow DAF 33, going waaaay too slow in the right lane... Uhm, that would be the left lane for UK viewers 🙂 

I had to look this up.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/LF12/London/lots/r125-1974-daf-33-variomatic/281267

I was confusing it with the 66(?)

Dinky little thing isn’t it! 

Trevor

Just now, bentwaters81tfw said:

Last sunday, a bloke riding a new Penny Farthing - with whitewall tyres, at night. I bet he was popular as he turned up a local single carriageway link road just ahead of a double decker bus.

Photos or it didn’t happen..........

Trevor

45 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

I had to look this up.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/LF12/London/lots/r125-1974-daf-33-variomatic/281267

I was confusing it with the 66(?)

Dinky little thing isn’t it! 

Trevor

Jup that's it... like it says, with "unique variomatic transmission of pulleys and belts aka rubber bands" 🙂 

• Haha 1

Another good day for classics. It must be the sunshine.

Doncaster this morning, a lovely red MGA, with a hardtop, not a common addition.

An hour later on the A52 near to the A1 (Markham Moor) a lovely orange F reg Porsche 911. I do like an early Porsche.

And a bit later nearer to Lincoln a white M reg Stag.

• Like 1

Yesterday in Chippenham, a white McLaren P1. Maybe on it's way to Castle Coombe.

Made a glorious sound!

Cheers, Alan.

Edited by Alan R
Stupid typo.... :(
  • Like 2

There also seem to be a few nice motors around on the roads here with the good weather. Picture quality isn't great due to being taken from the dashcam, but there was this lovely Supra on the M25 which looked absolutely immaculate - the picture doesn't do it justice:

33325106728_ecc0bc472d.jpg

Meanwhile, on the A1 I was overtaken by an early (J-reg) Honda NSX which unfortunately sounded as though it had had "go-faster" exhausts fitted at some stage in its life - hard to believe both of this and the Supra are pushing 30 years old:

46477050034_edf978811d.jpg

Other cars of note were an MG RV8, J-reg Ford Capri looking immaculate in a very 1970's yellow ochre, one of the new model Aston Vantages and something which I didn't even know existed - a MkIV Zodiac estate in a lemon yellow with vinyl roof on the other side of the dual carriageway.

• Like 2

Going up the A61 towards Harewood from the Leeds Outer Ring Road an 'H' reg Saab 900 in silver. Ages since zI have seen one. And then saw a mustard coloured MGB, one from the 70's with the disfiguring black bumpers the US insisted on and the Rostyle wheels, which I never thought did anything for a car. On the way back Ace Cars at Rothwell had a Cortina Mk3 in the yard being worked on. 

• Like 3

Hi all,

Caught this barge from Detroit docked by the roadside. It looks very much the beater but I have no idea what it is apart from being an old Chevrolet, the DVLA's website just mentions Chevrolet GMC😕. Anyone have any ideas?

tumblr_pnedt9NG4L1xxqk0so1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pnedt9NG4L1xxqk0so2_r1_1280.jpg

All the best.

• Like 1