Spot of the Day Part 2

Across from the front door of the local hobby shop on Monday, a 2019 Mustang Bullitt 50th Anniversary model, in Metallic Green (the only colour they come in here). I'm not a fan of the new Mustangs, but this looks very nice indeed. No badges (not even a pony on the grille), no bling, just a big Bullitt badge where the fuel cap used to be on the old ones.

At 80,000 Aussie shekels, I won't be buying one any time soon. Add to that the rather sad 3 star ANCAP safety rating (up from the previous model's 2 stars, and one of those stars is given for having a passenger seat belt warning light, so not hard to do!) and I'll pass. Looks very good though.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 8:20 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

Garage near me has a bright blue Mini Clubman traveller is spotless condition

My dad used to have a 1275 Traveller in metallic purple. Once took 7 of us plus a small dog and luggage on the roof to Skegness! Gawd knows how it managed it :huh:

• Like 1

This afternoon while I was tooling around town, a nicely restored (apart from the low profile tyres on large wheels, which is a look I hate on classic muscle cars) HT Monaro, with a bent 8 in it. Not sure which 8, it was going the other way, but it sounded pretty good for a GM product. :D I'm pretty sure that it's a local car, so if I see it again I'll try to get a photo or 2.

• Like 2

A new 670S McLaren as I came out of the Tesco car park in Buckingham yesterday.

On 12/8/2018 at 12:54 PM, fatfingers said:

My dad used to have a 1275 Traveller in metallic purple. Once took 7 of us plus a small dog and luggage on the roof to Skegness! Gawd knows how it managed it :huh:

My mum had one of these with an 850cc motor,  in the late 60's after she passed her test at 65! But she didn't have the dog and luggage on the roof, Wow!

Edited by PatW
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:54 PM, fatfingers said:

Once took 7 of us plus a small dog and luggage on the roof to Skegness! Gawd knows how it managed it :huh:

That reminds me of a holiday to Devon from Kent in about 1964/5 when we packed 7 into a Ford Anglia (105E). I do remember it jumping out of second gear on Porlock hill ! Terrifying!

• Haha 2

Just down the road from home on the way back from walk this morning a 'D' reg two tone Wolseley 1100 in immaculate nick was parked up on roadside. 

• Like 4

Hi all,

A short while ago I spotted this Yamaha TZR125 with discs all around and YPVS. The owner (a computer analyst!) described a meticulous "nut and bolt" rebuild and boy does it show, had a lovely rasp and crackle exhaust sound too.

A very nice chance spot indeed.

tumblr_pjs0kj8Wdh1xxqk0so1_640.jpg

tumblr_pjs0kj8Wdh1xxqk0so2_640.jpg

All the best.

On 15/12/2018 at 12:51, AR918 said:

Hi all,

A short while ago I spotted this Yamaha TZR125 with discs all around and YPVS. The owner (a computer analyst!) described a meticulous "nut and bolt" rebuild and boy does it show, had a lovely rasp and crackle exhaust sound too.

A very nice chance spot indeed.

tumblr_pjs0kj8Wdh1xxqk0so1_640.jpg

tumblr_pjs0kj8Wdh1xxqk0so2_640.jpg

All the best.

I hope he's going to finish it and sort out that headlight! 

9 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

This actual Ford Zephyr

https://goo.gl/images/MDnUFf

I want!

Trevor

Just like my uncle's one! Ford built the Heifer out here as CKD units - it was their "big six" until they started building the Falcon in the early '60s.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:32 AM, Kev The Modeller said:

I hope he's going to finish it and sort out that headlight! 

The headlight's fine - it's the fairing that's out of alignment! Either way it needs sorting ...

And in a South Lincoln house driveway this afternoon....

A VW Variant (type 3) estate (wagon) from the early seventies.

Here's a picture of one in case they are unknown to you.

https://www.swva.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/vw-type-3-5.jpg

The same house has a very rusty '72 green Beetle in the front garden.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

And in a South Lincoln house driveway this afternoon....

A VW Variant (type 3) estate (wagon) from the early seventies.

Here's a picture of one in case they are unknown to you.

https://www.swva.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/vw-type-3-5.jpg

The same house has a very rusty '72 green Beetle in the front garden.

Dad had a J reg 1300 Beetle in that colour - ‘Diamond Blue’.

Trevor

• Like 1