Spot of the Day Part 2

On 11/11/2018 at 12:21 AM, paul178 said:

Its a Toyota/Lexus Soarer

I knew that. Ha Ha. I've seen a couple over the years but not recently. Pretty.

Today I was in Cambridgeshire. Two spots, both on Trailers.

First was being towed on the A14, a Mk 1 Cortina 2 door shell.

It looked like it had been stripped, rebuilt but now has surface rust all over it. Tsk!

Second was an early Land Rover. A Mk2 I think, in RAF blue with RAF Police markings.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Great cooling system in place there... 

I definitely admire his commitment to it. As parts have rotted away he’s fabricated his own. Keep in mind this thing is road legal! 

Daimler Sovereign circa 1968 on the M5 south of Worcester on Monday last. On a Channel Islands plate. A couple of sports racers on a transporter as well, but I couldn't identify them properly, and an MG TC heading Northbound.

• Like 1

On Tuesday I was up in the Leeds area.

On a road somewhere West of Leeds I saw an old Atkinson artic.

Similar to this one but still working with a trailer on the back.

https://www.trucksplanet.com/photo/atkinson/borderer_venturer_searcher_defender_mk2/borderer_venturer_searcher_defender_mk2_17976.jpg

I thought @richellis might like it.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

On Tuesday I was up in the Leeds area. @richellis

You have my sympathies! :whistle: 

(Won't let me remove the mention of richellis for some reason :hmmm:)

Regards

Steve 

Edited by fatfingers
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, richellis said:

was it this one?

Could well have been. It was going in the opposite direction to me and I was

so surprised to see it that I failed to register much detail, except to think of you!

Most nights when I was growing up, there used to be one of these parked next door but one.

7 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I got out as far as Hebden Bridge then across moorland to North of Leeds.

Some beautiful country up there. (And some Very narrow lanes too!)

Indeed there is. Not far out of Leeds in any direction and your in some really lovely country. We are in God's Own County after all ^_^

Regards 

Steve 

• Like 1

No photo I'm afraid but today a 69 Mercedes 280S. It brought a tear to my eye as that was the last classic I had in Melbourne before moving here and I miss the old girl something chronic. It was in good nick - not quite as nice as mine back in Oz but very tidy.

I still wish I had decided to bring the old girl over here. I've had a lot of classic cars but the Merc was the best everyday car out of all of them, beautiful to drive, comfortable and it even had the almost never seen factory installed roof-rack.

I was tempted to wait for whoever owned it and ask what they wanted for the old girl!

Fun thread by the way. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Could well have been. It was going in the opposite direction to me and I was

so surprised to see it that I failed to register much detail, except to think of you!

Most nights when I was growing up, there used to be one of these parked next door but one.

It’s the only one I can think of that would be out and about in the week as she is t a show queen. Thanks for thinking of me, it’s one Id like to catch on camera doing what she was built to do

• Like 1

Hi to all.

This is what I got in my shop yesterday! a 1965 Mustang, V-8, automatic transmission.

2b9db96b-edfe-4d62-9591-18fcc15eff08.jpg2fbafcbb-2b8f-4a94-9350-e9af804e2b1d.jpge114f562-a9e6-4e26-981e-dc7a8bb47a9c.jpg

This is what I got today!!!

c60119dd-f64b-4075-bf7b-8b0bc43d0981.png

Is the "Nevado de Toluca", first snow it gets for this comming winter, most of the year does not have snow and it is gorgeous! has an altitude of 4600 metes, my town is now at 0°C and we had reain the past two days.

Have a great day! 

• Like 5

@Miguel Rivero That is indeed a lovely looking Mustang.

It is of course the not quite so desirable 'Notchback'. Although I like almost any early Mustang.

I suspect it was restored a few years ago?  But it's nice to see it looking so original.

And your part of Mexico is now colder than England! What a crazy planet this is!

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Pete

• Like 2

On the A64 north of York today...

A 'proper' Mini on an L plate. It was in great nick and was being driven by a young lass pootling along at 50mph. When i overtook it i realised just how small they really are! 

Regards

Steve

• Like 1