Spot of the Day Part 2

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

South of Lincoln late this morning.

1962 Bentley Coupe in Maroon. Gorgeous.

Similar to this one.

https://www.classicdriver.com/sites/default/files/styles/two_third_slider/public/cars_images/1962_s2_coupe_-_dark_blue.jpg?itok=GtcbzezH

You know how some cars look fast when standing still? That one looks like it's wafting along just sitting there...!!

• Like 1

This today in Marlborough: Prince Charles had one I think? I've seen one before, but can't think more than once:

P1070652

EDIT: apparently 12 were built (8 as RHD), plus six further cars based on the DB6.

Edited by Sabrejet
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Now THAT is a Shooting Brake and a half. Beautiful.

Thanks for posting.

Shooting brake! Yes. My lovely wife insisted on calling it an estate, but then again she does know how to push my buttons. :)

Hey Pete!  Even so you make jealous, just because of the cars you are seeing every day...

I got to tell you that my wife, my lovely Rose, is one of the rare females, which are different...

She loves these Aston shooringbrakes...

LoL

Cheers

Marco F.

• Like 1

Waiting to pick up grandaughter from school this morning, a very tidy looking light metallic blue G reg Cavalier CDi stopped at the lights opposite - looked like it could be a daily driver. Another once common as muck car that I can't remember the last time I saw one.

Keith

• Like 1

And around Noon, North of Leicester (Syston) a lovely XK 120/140 drop top.

Not sure if it was very pale yellow or a yellowy white! It looked good in it though.

And, as I got just South of Lincoln I saw a Volkswagen 1500 (aka type 3). Not seen one in years.

https://images.honestjohn.co.uk/imagecache/file/width/640/media/5640710/Volkswagen Type 3 (1).jpg

This one was in pale green (well suited) and lowered (Dubbed). Looked good.

It's good that the nice weather has lasted so the classics can get out and about.

• Like 1

Last Sunday, cycling in the Test Valley I saw  an Imp fastback (not sure which type but not a Sunbeam as only single headlights), and an immaculate Y-reg Red Golf GTi Mk1!  Neither of these cars trailed the usual classic's waft of burnt oil like the convoy of TRs I saw two weeks before!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In Lincoln about 08:45 this morning.

A white Mk3 Ford Capri. The sticker on the back said 2.8 Injection.

The smoke from the twin exhausts in the cool air confirmed this.

Rubber hatchback spoiler and pepperpot wheels. Proper job.

It looks like a recent restoration. I caught a glimpse of a new fuel tank.

So very nice, but it was a bit damp this morning, Not ideal for a classic.

I wonder how much he paid for it. 

The driver was smoking. Kept taking a drag and then holding his cigarette

out of the window at arms length! And this will make a difference how?

• Like 2

On 10/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

holding his cigarette out of the window at arms length! And this will make a difference how?

Quite a lot if he ends up needing an automatic after wacking his arm on something going the other way.....

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

El Caminos are always desirable, I like this kind of design very much, even so here in Germany pick ups, doesn't matter which style, weren't that sucessfull...

OK seems like I'm not the real Trend Setter...😁🤣😂😁

Enjoy the rest of this weekend

• Like 1