Spot of the Day Part 2

Doncaster today. At the lights just up from Lakeside.

A Silver Porsche 356 Speedster.

Now it could have been a replica, but....

Still looks like an upturned bathtub or an adult sized pedal car.

But, I'd love to have a go!

Later I saw a pale yellow MGC GT.  

Not the worlds best sports car but not bad to look at.

Off to Boston this morning.

And in the rush hour traffic around 8:45, looking very majestic, was a 1920's Rolls Royce.

And, at the other end of the scale, as I left Boston I saw an L reg Reliant Regal in brick orange.

And for our overseas listeners, if you've watched Only Fools and Horses, The Regal is a passenger

version of Del Boys van. Not a pretty sight. (You can drive three wheelers on a Motorcycle licence here.

In Lincoln early this afternoon and I spotted a gorgeous 1930's Bentley two door parked up on the Bailgate.

This was all sweeping wings and chrome. Very Deco and lovely with it. Not normally my cup of tea, but I could live with it. :smile:

• Like 5

In one of those weird coincidences, on Monday a lovely 1975 MGB rag top parked next to me at the local Tesco Express, had a brief chat with the driver, and then yesterday he drove past me on a roundabout near to my daughter's new home.

• Like 1

Just been to the chemists to pick up my repeat prescription, walked around the corner of the building and got stopped dead in my tracks by an absolutely gorgeous, bright red Gilbern Invader parked in front of the shop - had to tear myself away from looking at it before I began drooling! One of my all time fave cars!

• Like 3

Parked off the A17 today near Fosdyke bridge,

A gold Ford Cortina Mk2 1600E.

Later on the Sleaford A15/A17 roundabout,

a shiny grey Vauxhall Nova (K reg) so around 1992.

Not sure if it had been started with a teaspoon though.

• Like 2

And today in Doncaster, an F reg (1987) Ford Sierra estate.

When was the last time you saw one? I owned two in the past.

Later just outside Donny, a Mk 1 Cortina GT in yellow with a white stripe.

Not a factory colour scheme but it didn't look too bad.

As I was following Rally GB around Wales at the weekend I followed a mk2 Astra GTE 16 V in white , with white alloys . It was H reg and a minter . But looked so small . Also saw an Audi Coupe Quattro a few times . D reg in red it was also tidy . Not a UR  Quattro just a basic coupe . 

This was parked behind me in the car park when I got back from work.

30270139997_2caa432d63_c.jpg

And then a light blue one parked up just as I was leaving the car park. Must be a day for MGs - I can only guess the owners are making the most of this sunny spell (and can't say I blame them).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Windy37 said:

mk2 Astra GTE 16 V

I actually owned one of these, in red in 1989. Straight-line performance was impressive. Round the bends ... less so.

I'd still have one if one came up for sale at a "sensible" price. Just needs the suspension and steering geometry sorting...

Cheers, Alan.

• Haha 1

Here's one you don't see very often... In good state (although I could smell petrol from 3 meters away 😉) and I like the rims. 

30391895687_d9c673e2b5_z.jpg

44608415804_8fb76f4cc0_z.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Here's one you don't see very often... In good state (although I could smell petrol from 3 meters away 😉) and I like the rims. 

30391895687_d9c673e2b5_z.jpg

44608415804_8fb76f4cc0_z.jpg

How odd - I was just thinking yesterday how I hadn't seen a Fuego for what feels like 20 years and then this turns up. One of my friend's parents had one of these in the same colour while I was at primary school until the school bus ran down the side - sadly I remember very little else about it other than it being VERY hot in the back on a summer's day.