Spot of the Day Part 2

54 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

There's a Gilbern Invader at Nocton Heath garage on the A15 just South of Lincoln.

I haven't seen one in years.  (Welsh built & fibreglass & Ford V6 running gear if you don't know)

This one is dark blue with Ford RS alloys, though I remember them on Dunlop alloys mostly.

Great looking car - absolutely love them .   As regards running gear , I think it was only the Invader mk3 with the flared arches that had Ford suspension , though of course they all had the Essex V6 . I have this feeling at the back of my mind that the earlier ones had Triumph suspension .

Ah well , there I go talking cobblers again - apparently the early ones used MGC suspension , not Triumph

Edited by rs2man
Additional info added
  • Like 1

On the A12 north at Stratford St Andrew, sitting in a garden, where they have been for at least 20 years are a Mini Marcos and a Marcos GT. They belong to an aero engineer, who is going to 'get around to them' one day. He used to run a Mk2 Granada hearse at one time. Something for Pete to look out for on his travels. Directly opposite the petrol station. 

• Thanks 1

Spotted over the last couple of weeks

An M-4 high speed tractor on a low loader

What at first looked like a Mark 1 tank with detached sponsons on the back of a low loader. It was on the other carriageway so limited time to observe but as we got closer the hull looked much too short, that was when the thought struck me, was it a life size reproduction of a Space Marines Rhino? Anybody know if such a thing exists?

An 0-6-0 tank loco in British Rail black livery once again on the back of a low loader.

• Like 1

On the way up on latest visit to daughter's in Hampshire on Wednesdday, on M4 eastbound just past Port Talbot, what looked like a motor museum on the move! It was an arctic car transporter with 5 or 6 cars on, which from what I could see varied in age from the 1930's to the 1960's. I  couldn't identify any of them in the quick glance I  got, but they all looked immaculate!

Today on the road an immaculate looking cream MGA and a tidy looking Herald convertible, and in Ropley Station car park a stunning green Austin Healey 100.

• Like 1

On the way home from Hampshire on M4 today, a verrrry tired looking black Moggy 1000 that looked like it was flat out at about 40mph in the slow lane, then a little later an immaculte TR7 Coupe in a stunning bright metallic blue, not sure it was an original colour but it looked lovely!

K

• Like 1

Going back over the last month or so, saw this while getting some bits for the truck, 

DSC_0037

Spotted at the truck stop, very period with matching caravan

DSC_0008

Not massively old, but when did you last see one of these?

DSC_0014

now, when I drop my daughter at dancing there is often something retro parked outside,

27476118787_6eb63f7ef4_b.jpg

• Like 3

That set of wires was worth saving.

The AUDI ragtop, there is a green one about 2 miles from me, belongs to the Indian Restaurant.

Today's haul A12 south Frogeye Sprout, Ferrari 355. On the A137 a smart black Tupperware Midget, and in Brightlingsea, a light green Austin A40 Devon.

• Like 1

Tidying up my mums front garden in Leitholm and a procession of older motorcycles came past. One was definitely a Norton and another a BSA (even I can recognise those logos), but the others I could not read as they went through at the speed limit. All pre 1963 

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:03, Spiny said:

...If that's the one I think it is (Portiacraft), it caught my eye going past too, but unlike me you managed to get a photo of it. As the saying goes, the best camera is the one in your hand, so well done...

Yep, Portiacraft by Mill Hill. Strange that it's the only non-Porsche around the place. If you were to go further back down the A41 to Hendon Central, there is another showroom that has some real exotica for sale, I remember a Ferrari Daytona Spyder on show a while back.

Yesterday I also passed a Ferrari 328 Berlinetta down the M1 before J9, private plate of F328 ??? (can't remember the last 3 letters but I'd hazard a guess they could be the owners initials). It was immaculate. Slightly less curvy was an Aston Martin Lagonda up by Silverstone. What a massive, very strange looking object plus I had no idea it has pop-up headlamps.

Today a Dakota aircraft flew over the house and around the MK Stadium, I know it's not a car/bike/truck but what a sight that was. What brave people to fly and jump out of those 75-odd years ago. A Spitfire of some kind did the same thing last week and the sound was PHENOMINAL!

All the best.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

On the way back from the Driffield show today.... a 57 Chevy Belle Air towing a caravan! 

Regards

Steve

So what's so special about a caravan ;) :lol:

• Haha 1

On the A64 today I saw what I thought was a Ford Crown Victoria station wagon.

It was going the other way so i only got a quick look, and it was metallic brown.

But it seems they never made one for the current model shape (2000 onwards)?

On the roundabout just outside Malton, a low loader waiting to pull out.

On the trailer was a steam loco tender in black with the old British railways crest.

It looked newly painted and was even full of coal!

Actually the whole thing looked rather like a Corgi special edition!

• Like 1