Spot of the Day Part 2

This afternoon I saw a mid-1970s Kawasaki 2-stroke triple in lime green . Didn't get close enough to read the badges , but I think it was a 250 . Made enough noise to wake the dead . 

Just a minute later I saw one of those dreadful MZ 250s , also from the 1970s 

• Haha 1

Early this morning, Westbound on the A17 an Austin Seven two seater special.

It was dwarfed by the artic stuck behind it.

And, if you know where the Grain brewery is, (just off the A143)

then a couple of houses away I saw a lovely boat tail Riley.

A two seater in polished aluminium.

Oh, and near Boston, TWO chickens waiting to cross the road!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, elderly said:

Yesterday afternoon in Aylesbury- an F40 with the number plate MY F40.

Illegally spaced number plates are one of my biggest hates . Anybody caught with them should have their car crushed .

• Like 1

Love popping in and out of this thread now I have a decent phone might even be able to post a few pics of anything unusual on the road up here,

my eldest lives in a gated tree lined  street(not as posh as it sound's) and a good half dozen resident's car's are rotting away daily there's a strange little van

that has really gone back to nature over the last year or so which I finally found out is one of these

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_S-Cargo

I'll post a pic next time I'm down there.

• Like 1

On 13/08/2018 at 18:04, Pete in Lincs said:

Oh, and near Boston, TWO chickens waiting to cross the road!

Must be a Lincs thing Pete I was down on the coast last week and two Swan's and five Cygnet's crossed in a line holding up the traffic,if only they had been

Pelican's!

• Haha 1

Veering back on topic - lovely red M reg Mk2 MR2 & a tatty old E reg Renault 5 today. Also saw an immaculate looking Peugeot 306, not exactly a classic but I can't remember the last time I saw one - or one of the other two either!

I did see a mk1 MR2 the other week.

Today as I drove past Scampton there was a Humvee waiting to get out.

Canvas tilt on the back and no doors. Crew in Camo's.

Monday just up the A15 from there I saw a large American truck

in military green towing a trailer and both carrying large straw bales.

• Like 1

This afternoon I delivered beer* to a private address as they're having a wedding there at the weekend.

The beer went into the garage to keep cool until then.

On the drive was an M reg V12 E type FHC in blue.

In nice slightly used condition, this will be the wedding car.

It belongs to the father of the bride.

This weekend at the Lincolnshire showground there is a steam engine extravaganza.

I caught sight of a Sentinel steam lorry as I was on my way home this afternoon. Something like this one.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7fzH1l_nZO1lVmHFX_qfWy8WKFRz9Odln98DyXAf6vzmkFwdx

* 2x11 gallon kegs of Perroni. to you, Squire, 401 Quid. (that includes the VAT) (And explains why it's so expensive in pubs).

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjB8uug9qO4lBWiC_MsaqPq2yiLS_gvlS8dKYKDgZ2E9Rv8IfVFbBQS-bKnKKICzjUzoNT37inawo&usqp=CAc

• Like 2

I stopped to fill my Rex with 98 octane so that I could get out to work on Sunday morning, and there was a white Rover 2000TC in the servo driveway. I was admiring it (sort of), when the owner came out and behold!... he's a mate of mine. Doug has a penchant for odd, old, foreign cars (any combination of the 3 adjectives will do, thank you), and the Rover's a recent acquisition, but not at all odd enough, old enough or foreign enough, I would have thought. Still, I guess he's got to have something almost normal to drive.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I did see a mk1 MR2 the other week.

Today as I drove past Scampton there was a Humvee waiting to get out.

Canvas tilt on the back and no doors. Crew in Camo's.

Monday just up the A15 from there I saw a large American truck

in military green towing a trailer and both carrying large straw bales.

MR2 - class act, and so pretty.

Humvee- neither of the above.

US truck - a privately owned/restored veteran?

28 minutes ago, Rob G said:

US truck - a privately owned/restored veteran?

I imagine it was an auction buy. I only caught a brief glimpse really as it was in a line of trucks.

It did look ex Military though. 

• Like 1

Last night in Hospital Street , Nantwich I saw what looked at a glance to be a very tidy Capri 2.8 Injection Special on a D plate .  Later on , going the other way down Hospital Street , was a bloke riding a penny farthing which was even more of a surprise to me than the Capri was .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And there were more today.

Early this afternoon just to the North of Lincoln (Reepham area).

A Vauxhall 101 in pale green looking like new. (similar to this one below)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/20/f0/27/20f0279d488a931efdac174e74979354.jpg

And not long afterwards, a Mk3 Cortina 4 door. Yellow with new (black primer) front wings.

I think I've seen this one around before. Must be a local.

On the way home, outside the Dambusters pub in Scampton village,

Another steam lorry. This one a four axle in black with TARMAC written across the front.

There was a traction engine there too. Incongruously, the fireman was on his mobile!

Just down the road was a steam road roller. Lovely smells as I drove past.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rs2man said:

Later on , going the other way down Hospital Street , was a bloke riding a penny farthing 

At least he was on the right street for when he fell off the thing...!!

Not something you see every day!

A blue K reg Sierra Sapphire and it looked as if it had been used every day since new!

Can’t remember the last time I saw a Sierra of any description and considering they were everywhere I now feel old.

Trevor

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

And there were more today.

Early this afternoon just to the North of Lincoln (Reepham area).

A Vauxhall 101 in pale green looking like new. (similar to this one below)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/20/f0/27/20f0279d488a931efdac174e74979354.jpg

And not long afterwards, a Mk3 Cortina 4 door. Yellow with new (black primer) front wings.

I think I've seen this one around before. Must be a local.

My dad had a Victor 101 in the late sixties. Lovely car. Column Change, 3 gears and bench seats.

He also had two Mark 3 Cortinas. A white 1600GT - went like stink, and a 2000E in pale blue. Quite nice, and a lovely drive.

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

A blue K reg Sierra Sapphire and it looked as if it had been used every day since new!

Can’t remember the last time I saw a Sierra of any description and considering they were everywhere I now feel old.

Trevor

There is a red estate around here which I see occasionally. But of the same vintage and something I haven't seen for ages, this morning I saw a K-reg Proton. Of course, that might get me some sad faces that some of these are still about...😁

• Sad 1