Spot of the Day Part 2

Lots today.

Near Hull early this morning, A VW Karmann Ghia, pale lime with a white roof. I the pouring rain!

Malton Coachworks http://www.maltoncoachworks.co.uk/ was a sea (well, a small lake) of Mk 2 Jaguars and lots of other classics. A goldmine!

In Malton I had to have a tyre changed on the van at T Elsey's http://www.terryelseytyres.co.uk/ fast and no nonsense, thanks guys.

This evening in Lincoln a yellow Mk4 Spitfire on Cosmic alloys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Saw a Triumph GT6 Mk 1 or 2 withrace trim and Le Mans bonnet on a trailer. Maybe on the way to Nürburg Ring. I am not sure if I ever saw a GT6 in Germany.

Used to see quite a few German GT6s at the Triumph meets in Holland in the80s 90s.  Though the German preference for a hot Spit was to put in a Ford V-6, which fitted well and supposedly balanced better than the Triumph 6-cylinder lump hanging over the front axle.  All German Triumph cars seemed, standard or modified, to be immaculate, presumably due to TUV vs MOT.  Meanwhile most of the BEF Spits and GT6s were...tired...as they were still mostly daily drivers that attended!

• Like 2

I knew I'd forgotten one from yesterday.

In Scarborough parked on the clifftop, a blue Wolseley Landcrab. 

Around a J reg I think, there were even rust holes in the top of the rear wings!

Today, heading South on the A1 near Newark, a blue BMW 2002.

On the A15, Southbound near RAF Waddington, a red TR6.

• Like 2

Yesterday on the M4 between Bath and Bristol, a Ford GT40. D-Reg. I'm not sure whether it was a replica or not but it looked gorgeous...

Alan.

Edited by Alan R
  • Like 2

I've seen a number of Hillman Imps in the locale today - A quick Google tells me that the Imp Club are holding their annual weekend meet just up the road from here....

• Like 2

Spot of the century for me yesterday on the way up to daughter & co in Hampshire - a grey Lamborghini Diablo - I'm 99.9% sure it's the first one I've ever seen in the wild!

Today on the way home, an absolutely gorgeous yellow over white Elan Sprint - one of my favourite ever cars in my fave colour scheme!

Keith

• Like 2

Pulled up to a petrol station this afternoon and in front of me was a white series 3 E Type - nice! Parked next to it was one of those pre war MG sports cars - not sure of the model, but it wouldn’t have looked out of place outside of the Biggin Hill officers mess.

Trevor 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

A quick Google tells me that the Imp Club are holding their annual weekend meet just up the road from here....

Stock up on water pumps & head gaskets.

You could make a fortune.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Stock up on water pumps & head gaskets.

You could make a fortune.

Haven't got room because of the stock of Skoda gaskets and pumps....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Out to Norfolk today and spotted the following....

A Late model E type in red on the A17 this morning

This afternoon as I was Eastbound....

A nice pale blue TR3A near Norwich (Poringland)

A Triumph 2.5PI minus bumpers in racing trim.

A tidy Ford Anglia (D reg) 

A Triumph 2000TC

It was a good day for classics.