Spot of the Day Part 2

1 hour ago, Chimpion said:

The mind boggles....

It was about the size and shape of a UAZ 452, and I think 4 wheel drive. Never seen one before. Like a half glazed panel van really.

Oh, and add to the haul a 4 1/2 litre unsupercharged Bentley in BRG.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Sad sighting of the week, an Audi TT with a gold 'wrap'.

There's nothing that says 'bling' more!

I saw an Audi R8 in coppery 'wrap' the other week. What makes people do it?

Alan.

Edited by Alan R
  • Like 1

On the way down the A1 passed a 1966 Volvo 1800 near Newcastle and a 07 plated Mustang convertible near Dishforth. 

My apologies for butting in chums but,

bh7Cimp.jpg

q039AeR.jpg

qDav3pA.jpg

4FVwphx.jpg

The Morris Minor Club met at Martin Dales this evening.All of these were gloriously perfect paint jobs which I was keen to admire.And then there was this one

YOA8j8S.jpg

The Harlequin.Brush painted,runs and all,on a barely prepped body.She's proof that there is still a sense of humour in the world of preservation.

Edited by Alex Gordon
Spelling.
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Alex Gordon said:

The Harlequin.Brush painted,runs and all,on a barely prepped body.She's proof that there is still a sense of humour in the world of preservation.

I'm surprised he hasn't been drummed out of the club & run out of town....!! :rofl2:

I like the Traveller with the Minilite-alike wheels on!

Keith

• Like 1

Stopped at Morrison's in Nantwich for petrol tonight and sat on the forecourt was a silver 1969 Corvette Stingray convertible fitted with a 427 big block and factory sidepipes . 

• Like 1

Today, in Newark, a black early fifties American pick up.

In Nottingham, a brown early fifties American pick up.

In a sidestreet garage in Nottingham, a 1947 Humber saloon.

He's had it for 40 years. It's not perfect but very appealing nevertheless.

Amazingly I found this picture of it,

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8Q9morkxkq0_OfeSJKcRdZ7bK5aUb66qrFyLob2Jglk-iRw1_ig

Saw a rarity this evening........A 70's Lomax four wheeler, so not a 223. Sorry, no pic.....I was driving while I spotted it...Couldn't  had used a better bassis for that 30's lookalike????

Cheers

Looked like this one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpXONSccIqyEP5jzc79QY

On 7/2/2018 at 10:53 PM, Alex Gordon said:

Brush painted,runs and all,on a barely prepped body.She's proof that there is still a sense of humour in the world of preservation.

I've always fancied a 'Miriam' lookalike (anyone who's seen Lovejoy with Phyllis Logan in'll know what i mean)....Great photo's Alex...

Coming down the M6 yesterday in the interminable roadworks, a convoy of Ferrari ragtops,  2 XK8s and the odd Porsche. Must have been a rally somewhere. Today on the A38 in Bromsgrove, a Minivan in Cooper racing black, towing a trailer with a 60,s Cooper racer in the same colours. A Morgan and a 2CV.

The other day I followed a bright yellow Noble M12 into the car park at work .  Also in the car park recently , a very nice 1970s Kamm-tail Alfa Romeo Spider and  a rubber bumper MGBGT in dog poo brown with the hideous orangey tan interior .

On way to walking group on A6120 Leeds Ring Road a mushroom 1981-2 Metro, complete with gaps between panels! Apparently there are only about 320 Metros from the 80's are licenced with about another thousand SORNed. On way back on same road an immaculate 1965 TR4A overtook me. 1 learnt to drive in a Metro so have fond (and not so fond) memories of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr T said:

1 learnt to drive in a Metro so have fond (and not so fond) memories of them.

Long time ago, we fitted a MG Metro engine into a '73 Mini 1000. We kept the twin SU HS4 carbs, manifolds, etc....some mods around the gear box, and BANG.....!!!!!

The bad thing is that we kept the original front axle with drums, and smashed the car against a tree, driving up a mountain road....lets say that we left the road in a not so elegant way, trying to  dodge a Toyota pick up truck......

Spot of the day:  a 70's Mitsubishi Lancer, in pristine condition....Love those japanese 70's cars....

ca6d810ba2bfeac7163f9812dd05862717d904bf

• Like 4

On the A61 in Rothwell today...

A Foden 6 x 6 wrecker. Was a bit tatty and was belching huge clouds of black smoke but very impressive none the less! 

Regards

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 1

Blatent bit of cheating going on here as these are actually "Spot of the Week" as I haven't had access to the PC. But apart from the GTO which was on our campsite, all were on the roads. Lots of other nice metal on the roads and on show too - far too much to mention so these are just some highlights:

1929 Bentley

29459795238_ba0693a3ea_c.jpg

1966 Pontiac GTO

43279850052_1582abe629_c.jpg

Opel Manta 400

43279838332_9e5391d296_c.jpg

Jensen S-V8 - among the other cars I saw on the roads over the weekend were four more Jensens - a couple of Interceptors plus a C-V8 and 541R

28460618867_2c53147c25_c.jpg

• Like 4

On 09/07/2018 at 22:53, Artie said:

Long time ago, we fitted a MG Metro engine into a '73 Mini 1000...

In the 1990s I fitted a Metro 1100 engine into my 1970 Mini van

it could go like stink

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

In the 1990s I fitted a Metro 1100 engine into my 1970 Mini van

it could go like stink

It was handcrafted rocket industry.....those things flew low....

Some years ago, a friend of us fitted a Fiat Punto GT Turbo engine into Fiat X 1/9....believe me, that thing was frightening.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Black Knight said:

it could go like stink

Ah, but did it go faster than the rust?

There was a Mini racer in the seventies with a Ford twin cam in it. 

An upgrade on the Fiat 500 was to fit a BMW bike engine. Of course the engine lid didn't close....

1 minute ago, Pete in Lincs said:

There was a Mini racer in the seventies with a Ford twin cam in it. 

There's a classic Mini currently hillclimbing with the complete chassis & engine from a Lancer Evo shoehorned under it

Lots of Turbo & Z car rear wheel drive Minis competing now too with power outputs that make our cars 100 bhp look really puny!!

Keith

• Like 1