Spot of the Day Part 2

5 hours ago, Tyas said:

Spotted around my local district attorney office, a 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 993.

28095010317_603fcebd6c_b.jpg

Those of you with keen eyes might spotted something different. This is a US-spec car, immediately recognisable by that safety bump thingy and orange reflector, but also because the steering is in the wrong side.

Beautiful car! New Porsche’s aren’t a patch on the older models, much nicer lines. 

4 hours ago, Black Knight said:

_MG_5226cas-M.jpg

I sort of cheated with these. These weren't random sightings - my motor club was having its annual June Driving Tests competition today. These are just a few of the club members cars

Now, who can put a make to most of them? and version/model type?

This one is the only one I can get (not very good with pre-war cars I['m afraid)  - I think it's the original Fiat 500?

All sorts of Rollers & American heavy metal, its BRSCC w/end at Rockingham speedway so might have something to do with that, plus over the last week I've had early & late Spits & the BBMF Dakota swanning about over the house.

• Like 2

In a local supermarket car park this afternoon, a well-used 1934 Lagonda Rapier Coupe in Dark Green. I waited around for the owner, but time pressed and he didn't show.

Edit. Here's a pic.

1934 Lagonda Rapier Coupé 2018-06-25_08-17-42

• Like 4

On 23/06/2018 at 15:29, Black Knight said:

Some more eye-candy

_MG_5199cas-M.jpg

_MG_5211cas-M.jpg

I sort of cheated with these. These weren't random sightings - my motor club was having its annual June Driving Tests competition today. These are just a few of the club members cars

Now, who can put a make to most of them? and version/model type?

6 and 8 are Rileys

In Leeds yesterday for armed forces day.....

Jeep (don't know if it was a Willy's or not though)

WC54 Ambulance

GMC CCKW Deuce and a half truck

Army MAN 4x4 truck

Army spec Quad bike

And......... an M270 MLRS!

Regards, 

Steve

• Like 2

22 hours ago, fatfingers said:

In Leeds yesterday for armed forces day.....

Jeep (don't know if it was a Willy's or not though)

WC54 Ambulance

GMC CCKW Deuce and a half truck

Army MAN 4x4 truck

Army spec Quad bike

And......... an M270 MLRS!

Regards, 

Steve

I saw those in Leeds on Saturday and said to Alison 'I bet Steve has seen these'. The M270 looked awesome and that coming from an aircraft modeller. On way back from my walking group today was a nice 50's Buick parked in the layby next to J30 of M62. Did not get chance to grab a photo, but looked immaculate. Had a four door Maserati in front of me when filling up at Sainsburys in Colton last Thursday. A bit loud when set off. 

Around midday, just outside Horncastle,

In a line of boring cars was a green 69/70 Oldsmobile 442 droptop looking something like this...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxRwJQzN5i7jsoqpjkcI0pgYZVfj25RolswH4d9axbk8uCoFgr

And in Lincoln later this afternoon, a black droptop Corvette Stingray on a B reg plate.

Yesterday on the A17 heading East was a Bond Equipe soft top, towing a caravan! So probably Vitesse based.

• Like 1

Today, in the now standard lovely sunshine, a sandy biege colour Moggy 1000 Traveller, that looked absolutely stunning!  I now know I'm getting old as 10 years ago I wouldn't have given it a second glance - today I wanted to take it home!!

Keith

Lincoln seems to be Triumph TR central at the moment.

I must have seen 20 odd 4's, 5's & 6's today. All top down of course!

Sad sighting of the week, an Audi TT with a gold 'wrap'.

Regular Trabant, Trabant cabrio - like a Kubelwagen, Trabant minibus, 64 Ford Sunliner ragtop in RHD, Dodge charger in Dukes colours.

Ended the day with the Charger being chased around Bentwaters by 7 assorted US Cop cars with lights and sirens

• Like 1