Spot of the Day Part 2

Driving to work just now, I saw a Morris pick-up. I had no idea they even existed, it looked good. A bit like an old Chevy, only smaller. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JeroenS said:

A bit like an old Chevy, only smaller. 

Much smaller - spotted a 1950's Chevy pick up the last time we were visiting my daughter & family in Hampshire, It was HUGE!!

Keith

14 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Driving to work just now, I saw a Morris pick-up. I had no idea they even existed, it looked good. A bit like an old Chevy, only smaller. 

When I was growing up, one of the men in the village had an early one of these (I think it was from about '57or so). Despite being about 30 years old, it was completely rust free, a bit of a miracle for a British car of the period. Then again, he was a farm mechanic and used to liberally coat every part which wasn't on show (and himself!) with the waste oil. Can't imagine that being allowed now, but it certainly worked - from outside it was immaculate.

Not all in one day...

A Ferrari F430 (make that a 458!) on the M4

An Aston Martin Vantage V12 (with a 'V12 ...' plate)

A Dodge Viper in our village

A Customised Harley Davidson 'Soft-tail' complete with leather 'tractor' seat and custom forks.

Cheers, Alan.

Edited by Alan R
Wasn't a 430!
  • Like 2

I’ve mentioned it before (I think)but a canary yellow MGBGT with wire wheels was going the other way to me this morning on my Wirralian meanderings. Nice. 

To to think I nearly bought one fully restored for £1,500 in the early 80’s.....youth and only street parking availability put paid to that dream 😕

Trevor

• Like 1

Today's eye candy.....

A very purple Lamborghini.

Quick google of private plate indicates it was manufactured in 2015.

Out of current models must have been a Huracán.

And about 40 mins before that, a Landcrab in full rally decorations with Paddy Hopkirks name on the side. :)

• Like 2

Not a vehicle but highway related. Coming home tonight I spotted that some wag had painted a St.George’s Cross on the mini roundabout in Neston town centre!

Trevor 

• Like 2

Saw an E-Type out enjoying the sun on my way home which the dashcam did pick up

42907402252_c57c9174ed.jpg

and a BMW i8 in amongst some trees which didn't register so well. I was also followed home by what looked to be a very nice '86 Mercedes 500SEL, but being behind me I never got a shot of it.

That said, the one which sticks in my mind from today was a lowly Peugeot 208. Nothing special about the car, but I did like the number plate😄

42907405022_45edfec109_c.jpg

Spotted around my local district attorney office, a 1995 Porsche 911 Carrera 993.

28095010317_603fcebd6c_b.jpg

Those of you with keen eyes might spotted something different. This is a US-spec car, immediately recognisable by that safety bump thingy and orange reflector, but also because the steering is in the wrong side.

• Like 2

Some more eye-candy

Today;

_MG_5185cas-M.jpg

_MG_5188cas-M.jpg

_MG_5189cas-M.jpg

_MG_5193cas-M.jpg

_MG_5197cas-M.jpg

_MG_5199cas-M.jpg

_MG_5206cas-M.jpg

_MG_5211cas-M.jpg

_MG_5222cas-M.jpg

_MG_5226cas-M.jpg

I sort of cheated with these. These weren't random sightings - my motor club was having its annual June Driving Tests competition today. These are just a few of the club members cars

Now, who can put a make to most of them? and version/model type?

• Like 3