Potez XXV TOE, Vichy AF, Indochina 1942, Hit-Kit 1/72

Hi,

Let say that it is finished... The model presents Potez XXV A2 Colonial (TOE) No 1976 "1" of Cne Aubert, a commendant of Groupe d'observation No 1, formed from escadrilles 1/595 and 1/41 at the end of 1942. The colour profile as well as a b/w photo of this machine is presented in this very interesting book:

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania 'l'aviation française en indochine 

There are photos of more Potezes 25 from which I took that large roundles from top were oberpainted and replaced by a half-diameter ones (there is such photo for machine with number 4), and that bottom was painted in light blue-grey with overpainted codes (this photo is for crashed nr. 9) . My model is done from Polish shor-trun Hit kit kit with some scratch work like changies of shape of tailplane or adding bomb racks. Spoky wheels hubs are from Part set of WWI spoky wheels and the tyre is a rubber o-ring of exactly diameter from drawing of Potez 25 (external diameter 11.5 mm). The not very detailed WIP was here:

In box thre were decals fro white 3, which has smaller roundles on sides and some more differencies. The emblem which is combined emblems of two escadrilles is hand painted, other decals more or less from drawer of from kit...

Anyway - here she is:

potez toe DSC06334potez toe DSC06323potez toe DSC06335potez toe DSC06325

potez toe DSC06330potez toe DSC06336potez toe DSC06337potez toe DSC06338pote toe DSC06322

Cheers and comments welcome!

Jerzy-Wojtek

P.S.

And the photo of two Hit-kit '25s:

potez DSC06332potez DSC06331

Edited by JWM
Added P.S.
  • Like 21

4 hours ago, Reini78 said:

another great exotic bird, good rigging!

Thanks a lot! - riging by EZ (I've just finished my first 30 m roll of EZ...)

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

Great work there J-W. What's next...

Many thanks! - next will be likely another Potez - the 29, which is a transport mutation of '25. This is scratch work with use of Broplan Potez 25 wings. It will be in colours of FAFL 1941 from Chad

2 hours ago, Des said:

Congratulations , not only an excellent build but on a well researched delve into an unusual type and rarely covered theatre of operations , well done.

I appreciate  your comment :)

52 minutes ago, polo1112 said:

Beautiful work. Congratulations.

Très beau travail. Félicitations.

Merci!

Cheers

J-W

It's a beauty J-W well done :worthy: .

The rigging is superb and the spoked wheels look perfect.

Very nice shade of red; it looks just right.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

It's a beauty J-W well done :worthy: .

The rigging is superb and the spoked wheels look perfect.

Very nice shade of red; it looks just right.

Tony, I am very glad to read your comments :).  Red is Humbrol 153,

I have doubts about single or double MG for gunner. On many photos no gun mounted. Yesterday, already after posting I notice one photo with double gun... I have not mmade racks for light bombs under wings (3 from each side). They were not neccesairly  installed. Therefore I wrote "Let say it is finished...."

Cheers

J-W

Frankly speaking I have never thought anybody (not only my Brother) could build such a marvel from this piece of s..t laying in my stash for last 30 (or so) years.

Most of you perhaps even cannot imagine the "quality" of these HIT-KIT (sic!) mouldings... Chapeau bas !

Everything looks very realistic (yes, the propeller looked THIS way). Only the underside "gris-bleu clair" should be more "gris" and less "bleu" for my taste.

But since the Roman Empire era de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum :)

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

13 hours ago, invidia said:

Looks great.  Rigging looks good as do the wheels.  I like the paint scheme very interesting.

Invidia, many thanks. Indeed the scheme is very colorful, this was main reason of doing it.

12 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

A very nice pair ;)

Martin, thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, KRK4m said:

Frankly speaking I have never thought anybody (not only my Brother) could build such a marvel from this piece of s..t laying in my stash for last 30 (or so) years.

Most of you perhaps even cannot imagine the "quality" of these HIT-KIT (sic!) mouldings... Chapeau bas !

Everything looks very realistic (yes, the propeller looked THIS way). Only the underside "gris-bleu clair" should be more "gris" and less "bleu" for my taste.

But since the Roman Empire era de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum :)

Thank you Mike (indeed we are brothers...)

I am very glad about your comment. Many thanks . However it is a bit overemphisized - kit was in your stash I think from rather 20 years, not 30 :)

The bottom color is mix of Humbrol 87 with some blue 89, perhaps too much blue went there...

The propeller was difficult - look at the propeller is in original - it looks a bit  strange, like a folded tin.  

Rest in phone call...

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania potez 25 toe

Podobny obraz

Cheers

J-W