Harrier GR.3 Airfix 1/72 on the High Seas **It's complete**

SleeperService

More progress.

tumblr_ovbhsmF27J1t8blhlo2_r1_1280.jpg

Plastic all assembled except for a few bits at the front. Once the outriggers are solid I'll add the nose wheel then adjust the rear twin axle to fit. 

My first thought for the covering was thin black rubbish bag plastic but my trials haven't shown much hope. So it's going to be thin smooth tissue paper with paint and PVA glue. Or maybe spray mount adhesive... While the glue hardens I've got time to test. But first coffee ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SimonT said:

Doing an all-nighter I see, looking good.

Not quite but after my lie down yesterday afternoon I couldn't sleep. Thank You.

So here we are

tumblr_ovbhsmF27J1t8blhlo3_r1_1280.jpg

Just let that paint harden a bit and then onwards. In other news I've been trying all sorts for the wrapping and finally noticed my garden waste bin liners were black on the inside. Tested with photo mount adhesive and a result. As a win-win I've found the missing track run from my Su-101 build. I've no idea how it ended up in the bathroom cupboard??? 

• Like 6

Closing in fast now. Will the Big Fella make it??

Well here she is all in black.

tumblr_ovbhsmF27J1t8blhlo4_r1_1280.jpg

Tyres to paint, give the plane a good clean to remove glue residue, add the tapes , then a quick bit of weathering mainly to break the black up a touch.

• Like 4

Just now, nimrod54 said:

Brilliant and a novel solution for the finish. Well done.

Thank you Kind Sir. As good a way to use a rather old kit as any. Most important bit is I really enjoyed doing it. Which is what this is about.
Now I can chill and watch everybody else succeed. 

A brilliant solution - nearly as cool as that U-Boat diorama - that only shows the periscope popping out of the waves :lol:

Well done on completing the challenge :clap2:

1 hour ago, depressed lemur said:

Now it looks like a Harrier.

Well done and a fine example of ingenuity. A fantastic build.

I do try to use the old brain cells sometimes. Always looking for a different angle.

46 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Well they don't come much more original than that!

I'll take that as a compliment and Thank You Kind Sir.

41 minutes ago, BIG X said:

A brilliant solution - nearly as cool as that U-Boat diorama - that only shows the periscope popping out of the waves :lol:

Well done on completing the challenge :clap2:

Ah it's already been done has it. Need to think harder for the Donner und Blitzen Build then. Thank You too second time lucky. Tomorrow I'll try and get last year's Lightning fail completed (and repaired. Dropped it earlier :( )

11 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Ah it's already been done has it. Need to think harder for the Donner und Blitzen Build then. Thank You too second time lucky. Tomorrow I'll try and get last year's Lightning fail completed (and repaired. Dropped it earlier :( )

OUCH - Why do my aircraft always land on their aerial or pitot tube???

5 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

For the same reason mine do I suppose :) lost the nosewheel and port u/c assembly as well. It keeps us amused....

...and keeps LOCTITE in business - rule number 1 - if it comes off - SUPERGLUE it back on ;)

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...