RAF Ventura Mk II interior???

wally7506

Why hasn't anyone made resin interior sets for RAF Ventura Mk II yet??

Are there any drawings or good pictures of the radio compartment behind the pilot's seat?

I assume they all had British radio sets .... right?

Since I'm going to fix the bulkhead (need pics of that, too) I've got to put SOMETHING back there.

Any help will be appreciated!

TIA

You might also want to Google Vic Scheuerman.  He did a fantastic job on the Minicraft kit.  Lots of great info in his build.

AERO Line also did a super set of replacement engine cowlings:

Image result for aero line 1/72 ventura cowlings

You will have to find some props (Aeroclub had made a set).  If you can find the Eduard photoetch set, that may also help you with the cockpit.

• Like 1

Here is an RAF Ventura Mk.II that I built in 1/72nd scale using the resin interior and engine set that Wm Blecky mentions,....along with a turret from a Revell Halifax and some other scratch built additions;

11a

15a

17c24b31b finished

If your query is regarding 1/48th scale,....then I`ve done a similar job on quite a few models, but only by scratch building,....whatever scale you are building in,....good luck,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 3

If you are doing 1/48th scale,.... here s the conversion that I did to one of my models, using spares box bits and bobs and plastic card;

Here are some pics of the real thing from my files which may also help,....some were sent to me by Peter Mossong who I am sure will be more than happy for me to share them with you as he is a good egg;

Cabin InteriorsCabin InteriorsH13- PV-1 Ventura cockpit

And below is a Hudson cockpit and radio area,...almost identical. Remember that most RAF Ventura`s were single pilot only,....the RCAF did employ the 2 pilot conversion set later in the war and maybe the RAAF too?;

IAN HUDSON INTERIOR

Below i the plan for the bulkhead;

PV-1 Bulkhead behind pilotrcaf venturaventuraref144

Again,....good luck,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 6

21 hours ago, wally7506 said:

Thanks, Tony!!  I was thinking 1/48!!

No worries,....hope the pics and info come in useful and good luck with your model,

Cheers

Tony