1/72 Russian B-25J

This looks great and it's nice to see a b25 in a different livery. The photos are great and the finish is very smooth. I must admit I never new Russia used these. They certainly look smart with the Russian stars on them. Top marks 

• Like 1

Hi,

for some weird reason, I thought this was the Italeri kit, and I was impressed.

When I read that it was the ante-diluvian Airfix Old Faithful, I became full of admiration for what you have achieved.

I am not a lover of Russian aircraft, but this one looks really superb!

JR

• Like 1

I'm very fond of the Airfix B-25. 

I can't believe I missed your WIP; I'm going to look at it now.

This looks great; the Soviet scheme is really different. Very nice rescribing and canopy framing.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

Brilliant job on the B-25! I want to do the very same aeroplane using the Hasegawa kit. Great to see it looks so good in the Soviet markings. For those who don't know, the B-25 was heavily used by the Soviets by their long-range aviation arm, the ADD (alongside the Il-4), and nearly 900 were used. It was well-liked by the Soviets for its good navigational equipment, good range, excellent firepower, and toughness. This paint scheme was actually applied in the States per Soviet specifications.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
An ever-so slight change, really just a trifle.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/08/2017 at 21:54, Learstang said:

For those who don't know, the B-25 was heavily used by the Soviets by their long-range aviation arm, the ADD (alongside the Il-4), and nearly 900 were used. It was well-liked by the Soviets for its good navigational equipment, good range, excellent firepower, and toughness. This paint scheme was actually applied in the States per Soviet specifications.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks Jason! The Soviets also used the B-25 as a night bomber (hence the black painting), and they deemed the side machine gun packs unnecessary in night missions. Sometimes the side machine guns were removed as soon as a new aircraft arrived, for weight reduction.

Edited by Convair
  • Like 1

You're welcome, and you are correct, Sir! Both the Il-4 and the B-25s of the ADD were used for nocturnal bombing missions (and the Li-2NB, the bomber version of the Soviet licence-built DC-3). I'm going to have my B-25 as it would have looked just having landed in the Soviet Union from the Alsib route (Alaska-Siberia), with the gun packs still in place. And apparently a few B-25s used for night intruder duties still retained the gun packs to shoot up Nazi airfields and aircraft taking off and landing.

Regards,

Jason

• 1 month later...

Без лака это блестящая натуральная краска (я использовал автомобильные краски) на модели. Я мог бы использовать матовый лак, но я решил оставить его таким.

Edited by Convair

14 minutes ago, Convair said:

Без лака это блестящая натуральная краска (я использовал автомобильные краски) на модели. Я мог бы использовать матовый лак, но я решил оставить его таким.

Военный самолет того времени не мог быть таким блестящим, лакированным. С уважением Юрий.