Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary & Dornier Do17z

Been working on these on and off for about 7-8 months, pleased with results overall. All Airfix, it's 75th Anniversary box and a cheeky Dornier which I had to add as there was a spare place on the stand which I sprayed black and painted the little Airfix logo :smile:. Heinkel fuselage windows were a pain in the.... Dornier was a lovely build but daunting, not a beginners Airfix kit in my mind. No issues on the other kits. Nice to not have to fiddle with undercarriage for a change! Might go back and add some more weathering at some point but moved onto a B-29 now...

20170824_201510.jpg

20170824_201410.jpg

20170824_200952.jpg

20170824_201037.jpg

20170820_164732.jpg

20170820_164734.jpg

• Like 39

10 minutes ago, Darby said:

Lot of plastic going on there. I do like the wingy things with black crosses. Just about to start the Do17, any pitfalls to expect?

I would be careful with the interior, it's complex and unusual (to me). Like a lot of modern Airfix kits, there are some tight fits so painting the parts first might cause issues. But no faults with the kit that I could see, its very well engineered

4 minutes ago, pizzapaolo said:

I would be careful with the interior, it's complex and unusual (to me). Like a lot of modern Airfix kits, there are some tight fits so painting the parts first might cause issues. But no faults with the kit that I could see, its very well engineered

Cheers, I've had a tight fit twixt wing/fuselage on the Sea Hurricane but the worst tolerance I deal with on a daily basis is Plymouth. Planning to stuff as much in the cockpit/fuselage then paint it before closing up. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Simon382 said:

Great looking montage of a very worthy subject. All you have to do now is add a Bf110, Ju87 and a Ju88 and it'll finished lol

And a Defiant, Gladiator and Blenheim 1............. just for balance.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Darby said:

Lot of plastic going on there. I do like the wingy things with black crosses. Just about to start the Do17, any pitfalls to expect?

Lots of sticky out things like cockpit machine guns to snap off :wall:

@pizzapaolo Can I ask what make of paint you used on the Dornier please.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, glatisant said:

An early JU88 A1 would be fantastic.

Not really my strong suite, German bombers.  Is that the version they were using during the BofB? 

This is the formation flying from Hell! You wouldn't find me in any of these aircraft, no matter what!

Flying safety notwithstanding, it is a truly magnificent display, and each model deserves kudos!

Congrats

JR

• Like 1

That is a great set of well made and painted models - look great together on the stand.

Love the colours of the Lufty birds - although you say that you used Vallejo can you specify which numbers please?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

• Like 1