Gannet ripple and relaxxxx

perdu

It seems this Gannet is gonna be equipped with the full stuff!!!

I would just add this kit...might be useful !!!

item_image_1_medium_const.jpg

...and of course the usual stuff ...chicken sandwiches, Piccalilly, cucumber and tomato...

do you think you can cast all this , Bill?:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Just caught up after a brief absence. Nice work Bill. And nice ice cream...

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, perdu said:

20180503_145347.jpg

Seriously though good work.

As for the aluminium panels, if you put the Paloustes on the proverbial backburner for a brief while, and concentrate on other stuff. i.e. until the Brum IPMS trip to Duxford, I can bring along some of my bare metal foil. It is blessed with Matchbox Hawker Fury DNA, which can only auger well for the Gannet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone has noticed the absence of modelling in this and the Buccynears topics recently I think it only manners to advise and inform you guys that curtailment of modelling and much else has been enforced by my stupid clumsiness

I was performing a triple back flip with falco, as you do when...

No its a lot more mundane than that although the back flip part has some truth

I fell backwards whilst attempting to lift something too heavy for me, landed flat on my back which immediately called time

Some damage to the muscle groups around the base of the spine means I can't sit, stand nor even lie down comfortably

The sawbones attests that no bones were broken during this dumb, stupid and incredibly misguided episode but unfortunately it meant I had to pull out of a club trip to Duxford yesterday

Two hours sitting in the coach just wasn't feasible, apologies to those club members I could not share a great day out with and it is still possible I may have to pull out of today's meeting too. 🙅

We'll have to see later on

In the mean time I had a go at painting my mini fleet air arm yesterday

Poor as p... bad stuff, I need to get better at airbrushing

So no progress in any meaningful manner, but I am working slowly on the undercarriage fitments in the bay so there could be something tomorrow

Or later

I put white all over the Buccs, horrible day in the paintshop there too

I may take up forigarmy or flower depetalling or some other mentally satisfying sport...

D o h !

• Sad 12

Sorry to hear you're laid up Bill.

Especially sad to hear you missed the Duxford trip, but there'll be other chances I'm sure. 

Get better soon mate and take it easy - we'll wait... :) 

• Thanks 1

Really sorry to hear that Bill. Can only wish you a speedy recovery. I've been plagued with back issues for a while again lately. Spinal surgery (fusion and titanium bolts) some years ago fixed a lot of issues but I still have one recurring issue which comes and goes. When it comes, doing anything is a pain!. Much sympathy from this quarter, as I know too well what its like, and hope the experts can get you sorted soon.

Cheers

Terry

• Thanks 1

Ouch! Hope your back sorts itself out soon. I'm one of the fortunate few who doesn't suffer with serious back problems so I can only imagine your discomfort.

i do, however, teach manual handling techniques so give me a call when you are feeling better...

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, perdu said:

this dumb, stupid and incredibly misguided episode

Is there anybody on here who doesn't fit in there?

Much as I miss the Gannet and Buccaneer,your getting better is more important so get better and I'll look forward to full renewal of service on Monday :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear of your acrobatic (or should it be aerobatic) woes. You really have to use a safety net when attempting dangerous moves. Or at the very least, a precautionary airbag or two (says he whose only claim to fame was to bust a collar bone while peacefully falling out of bed!).
Get better soon.

Dave

• Haha 1

Get well soon! And take it easy with the lifting...

The last time I fell off a ladder I landed on Mrs MF, who broke my fall admirably, fortunately without injury to either of us. 

Regards,

Adrian

• Haha 3

I'll joints others in wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery. I put my back out last Friday and could barely walk all weekend. Fortunately I managed to get my friendly chiropractor to straighten me up before my 14 hours of flying and much airport terminal wandering, which would have been impossible without his last minute help.

All I did was turn to put down a concert programme and BAM..... not even any lifting involved!

Ian

• Sad 1

What they all said Bill, get better soon!!

No fool like an old fool is there?  I did my back in last year when I fell off a ladder inspecting the work my son had done trimming down our conifers. Luckily I was wearing one of his building site hard hats. Unluckily it came off and I overtook it on the way down....landed flat on my back and the hard hat landed smack back on my head, just to add insult to injury! 

Keith

• Sad 1

There is obviously, definitely too much of this stuff going around at the mo'

Certain even less wanted side effects warn me, to warn YOU be careful out there

My missus, bless her, decided I needed taking out of my miserable self this afternoon and insisted on taking me to the club meeting even though we cannot between us think of a way to spend Sunday afternoon that she'd enjoy less

The girl is a diamond

She was pleased to be allowed a vote on the models on the tables for the monthly competition, on the basis of "You are here, have eyes and an opinion of what you see that is as valid as mine!"

The wise words of George, our comp secretary

Sadly after voting my back forced me to concede and ask her to take me home, but it did me good to be amongst my kind of nutter for a while. :)

Minor drawback is that I don't know how the vote went

Dave????

Anyway for now, that's all folks. 🙋

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, perdu said:

The girl is a diamond

Clearly an absolute crystal clear, possibly flawless diamond?

Glad you made the trip!

Terry

• Like 2

Damnable tidings on the back Bill - sincere wishes for a swift remission and healing vibes being transmitted at full power in your direction.

I can heartily reccommend a TENS machine for the back:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tens-Company-Med-Fit-Accurate-Effective/dp/B0091G6WNS/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1526887935&sr=8-8&keywords=tens+machines

Had to buy one of these a few years ago for pain control and wouldn't be without it now. Plus with the electrodes on you get to live out your Six Million Dollar Man fantasy...

six-million-dollar-man-300x225.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Bill,

Great that you could make it even if only for a little while. Brave of wifey to volunteer to put up with the company of plastic butchers for an afternoon!

Competition was won by Bo's little rally car, followed by Bo's little tank, with Georges MB 5 third.

Hope the back's a bit better by now - give it a good rest.

Dave

• Thanks 1