moving along...

P1010332.jpg

the definitive for now...) framing goes in

And from above the cross section appears

P1010333.jpg

and for display demo purposes

P1010334.jpg

And with the tail section aboard but not glued on

I cannot find any pictures of the Palouste in THIS configuration, this is just for looking at

P1010336.jpg

Although I've shown these the final cut trim is in operation, pics in a bit

• Like 10

And now, as definitive as I can guess from a few distant and very busy flight deck photographs here is what we get

The frames need feet at each end on each side, presumably to hold them firmly atop the Palouste

Tomorrows job, my back is protesting as it is  :(

P1010338.jpg

dammit I really thought this was a better picture than that piece of junk, I will redo it tomorrow  :(

Other side, the Palouste will be getting the opened panel doors hanging down too

P1010340.jpg

And the jetpipe is in line for a decent pastel dusting next, too and corners to get proper trimmings

ciao

• Like 13

Liking that framework immensely Bill. Some bona craftspersonship on display in that  cage and no mistake.

4 minutes ago, hendie said:

then you go and make little boats in severntytooth scale

I thought it was a rocket-powered stretcher!

• Haha 3

Resin cast it?

No Massimo, I have just taken it apart because the 'tubing' is too thick

Thanks Crisp too, but I was fretting overnight and ten/fifteen minutes ago I dismantled the upper framework

The twenty thou Evergreen is close, but no ceegarr, to the tubing on the overhead shot of the Sea Vixen I'm using as the go-to reference source

Scaled up I get the impression of  municipal railings not the fine tubular structure I see in the photos

I wish I had proper drawings of the 'big basket' but I don't, so the eye alone has to be my guard against scale creep

So there is never going to be a casting of this frame work

I'm going in again later with real Slater's ten thou rod, in proper reddy brown hard plastic

• Like 6

Hmmmmm

I think I'm beginning to detect an obsession

Might start calling Terry, Calvin...

Still it rarely hurts to be honest, if I could build all my tubular, roddy bits in proper Slater's I would

• Haha 3

Well!

I got  that wrong didnt I?

I managed to increase my overhead shot and  crop and such and oh...

This isnt the shape I thought it ought to be at all is it

palouste_overhead_crop.jpg

Redefining the outline is under way, reddy-brown Slaters leads the way

The old ways still the best if you dont have 3D printing...

P1010341.jpgThe law of unexpected consequences struck me recently, I moved from one broadband supplier to another

I desperately wish I had not

Wifi is constantly crashing, I need to shut down every few minutes to give this feeble lady (clue) time to get her act together again

laters

• Like 7

How about a couple more pictures of pins?

Just to keep us in this Palouste game

IMG_20180530_210931.jpg

And 

IMG_20180530_210903.jpg

Sorry about the poxy pics but the wi-fi works better on my tablet than on my pc, ridiculous considering they both get their meagre signal from a little repeater box in a mains plug three feet away

I rang the supplier to cancel and go back to my old supplier but their customer disservice guy begged me to let yet another engineer sort it out for me

Friday morning these guys get to enter the Last Chance saloon with me

Thoroughly p...d off doesn't even scratch the surface

😬

• Like 8

Excellent progress with the Paloustes Bill.

I posted this one a while back in the Palouste thread, useful for colours etc, I'm convinced the hamper is flat iron rather than tube, notice how the thicknesses vary.

Sea Vixen

• Like 1

The very picture I magnified, but on close examination round section seems to win the day

I make out a combination of slender rod/tube and flat bar for the central assembly

Proper tech drawings must exist somewhere, now I wonder if we know anyone with close enough links to Yeoviltomn and the FAA museum who could elicit such relevant details from a mate?

• Like 3

Bad news about the broadband Bill. I think, unless you've changed to cable-to-the-door, it must be the setup as the wires will be the same? A proper engineer will sort it no doubt.

I've zoomed the photo too and I think it's round on the bottom (fnaar!) and flat elsewhere? Just my :2c:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly Ced I have lost the cable to the door which worked extremely well and discovered that fibre can only attach to its router near the entry point which is at the other end of the mansion to the PC

:(

flat huh?

Hmpphh

• Like 2