Gannet ripple and relaxxxx

perdu

Oh Kay

Just a word to y'all not to expect updates here or elsewhere for over a week

I shall be in France taking in for most of the week a race that takes twenty four hours

Other stuff is in prospect too

Eats will be eaten

Drinks will be drunken

Cars will be driven

And Ferry Boats will be caught

Tuesday next back home to home

Later dates than that before updatery, ciao guys have a good week

(Might as well do some modelling whilst I'm away, I'll want to see it you know)

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Best laid plans of mice and men, to mix sayings aphorisms and metaphors

I played a few coats of Tamiyas usually reliable semi gloss over the underside of the Gannet this a.m hoping to get the lower sides ready for top side shining later on

oops

One wing got an over enthusiastic coat of wetness and decided to wrinkle all over the strengthening plates I added to the Frogginess

I may be able to save it, but that will take a day or two of hardening off nicely before I get the legendary bottle to tackle it

:(

The Buccs had minor eruptions on their white bits but all of those are sortable

I was going to bravely go....

And tackle this soon

P1080867.jpg

Put me down as chicken here too for now although the idea does appeal to me

It is kinda attractive in a worn and weary way, look you

P1080872.jpg

But as some of you will have guessed this is my last Navyation subject for this year

P1080848.jpg

Not this airframe in the terrible state she was when I saw her a few years ago, but these detail shots might help me keep grounded with her

P1080840.jpg

P1080843.jpg

You'd think I would have taken copious numbers of pictures of wing folds wouldn't you

:(

As for Le Mans (thanks for asking K) I had a great time and saw more of the cars and racing than I have seen there for years

My mates sprung for a grandstand seat for me and I watched the first crash of the race on the first lap right in front of me  :(

The end was more than a bit processional but I suppose it stamps Alonso's list for him

In other tales, A new battery from Halfools in spring failed me and a chain of mad events meant I returned home via a mate's car and the 2230 from Euston

Car is on its way so when it arrives I will be fitting a nice tidy new head gasket and a thermostatic switch to the fan

Don't ask...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Sad's for the Spridget Bill (Don't remember which breed you have)

Glad to hear you had a good time at Le Mans it self.

Roger

• Thanks 1

Cheers Chris, I expect the car will be OK once she arrives on the big truck

Won't take long to whip off the head and rad to back wash the tubes inside it

She has been getting too hot too quickly lately

😕

Hamper frame huh?

I have been desperately trying to learn how to draw teardrop shapes in Inkscape

If I can get that right I intend making suitable frames in etch stuff for later users of Paloustes

The build it one at a time method palls after a while...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, perdu said:

And tackle this soon

P1080867.jpg

Interesting indeed,

But this is too:

12 hours ago, perdu said:

But as some of you will have guessed this is my last Navyation subject for this year

P1080848.jpg

What will you use as a starting point Frog, Xtrakit, scratch .........?😁

Terry

Welcome back Bill and sorry to hear about the car (hence the confused reaction - like the seat, choice of new builds, dislike the overheat...)

Onwards, in the heat! :) 

Good to hear you had a good(ish) trip Bill! At least there's the silver lining that a head gasket change on an A series is so easy I bet you could do it with your eyes closed (I'd have to look to do ours though! 😆)

It's just the heat, the damned heat, that will make the job worse...!! 😄

Keith

• Haha 3

A grandstand seat? NICE! But did they spring for it cos it was cheaper than having you drink all their beer? 😁

Sorry to hear about the car woes. Getting too hot too quickly is definitely not good, if you're a car...... Anyway, good to see you back, glad you enjoyed the incredible event that is Le Mans, and looking forward to more progress soon!

Ian

• Like 1

Hi Bill, 

sorry to hear you had a troubled time! I can tell you in the last two weeks I was in canada, I collected a few headaches too: two cancelled flights on different occasions, the credit card unreadable for whom I nearly had to sleep in the hotel car park (as Hertz had refused to rent me the car for the credit card problem!!!) and to finish the jetty to my aircraft decided to brake down. It took two hours to the Toronto Airport Staff to move it back, which caused me to miss my 13,50 connection in Rome.I got home at midnight!

...the pleasures ff travelling!!!

Anyway I got last saturday off and went back to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, where there was a lot of flying for Father Day. 

lfnKGl2.jpg

ZtQLyPb.jpg

YVPzJ2S.jpg

Hope you'll be back soon with an update...even if I should say nothing as I've disappeared for a while. I'm quite curious about the white paint problems...white paint isn't easy at times . What paint was it?

Ciao

Massimo

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Glad you're back Bill. Been away myself too if you count my allotment and the Isle of Wight as being away, although the latter is technically oversea. Anyroad sorry to hear about your battery battles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Car's home

Begin the fix tomorrow and paint wasn't its fault I over did the wetness with acrylic varnish over well set enamel

Normally it doesn't happen

The chap rolled her out of his truck and because my garage is up a hill he stuck his jump pack on and we got her started enough to climb into the garage

Phew...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Of MUCH interest of many hereabouts...

During my stay on the campsite at Le Mans I wondered how my buddies were keeping so well in touch

"Yes Bob is at SuperU and bringing more cidre" kind of stuff when they hadn't had phone calls

Turns out there is a device called a smartphone which can be loaded with 'apps' (Shorthand for applications I believe)

Further turns out that my J3 (2017) is such a device, I bought it because I needed a camera that is a: cleverer than me with fabulous optics

and b: because I saw two young ladies checking whether the bus was on time with one and as a bus pass user this is top jolly stuff to own

Anyway, this gentle digression proceeds thusly

Bob and the others were all using a APP called whatsapp which they used to create a user group so they could keep the hive mind informed as to state of play round the course and campsite

They realised that the dinosaur could usefully be installed within this group and hence I installed the application into J3

Got synchronised within the hive and set out trackside for the pitwalk

Very nice it was, including knowing where we all were simply by saying "Im watching them fitting tear off windscreens to a car, see you by the Porsche Piggy garage in five minutes"

All very boring no doubt to most of you but this amazing system has other consequences

It appears to delve into my telephone and other contacts and shove them into the hive mind too

Mine took a day or so to suddenly go 'ping' and announce a Mr Fritag was a watsapper too

So naturally I passed on a quavering quivery voiced message to the said chap

Are you Steve? Are YOU OK?

Had a response recently, it appears our Brother In The Law has got on his bike and is at present riding vertiginious trackways all over the Azores, those lumps of volcanic tyre shredding islands in mid-Atlantic

And from the photo having the time of his 'recent' life, I cannot for the life of me consider he'd ever compare that to flying the MightyJaguar to bouncing his buttocks around on a skinny gel filled cycle saddle

Panic if not over, somewhat happily reduced

b

• Like 10

Great news Bill! 

(and I love Peppa Porsche as the Eurosport commentators christened the Pink Pig! Think I may like the 'Rothmans' machine just a little more though. Profil24 are doing full resin kits of both. May have to sell a kidney....!!)

Keith

• Haha 3

Hello Bill,

So Perdu and En Panne….

Glad that you got your sport car back...

Jump start to climb the hill after an overheating, time to call on the Nuns...

Noooo, for praying of course...

What do you think ???

Good to see you back in Gannet Sea Vixen land !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

Great post Bill with great news! :) 

Pleased to hear the car is back - best of luck with the TLC.

Pleased to hear Fritag is well.

"Hive Mind" - love it! :D 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, perdu said:

Bob and the others were all using a APP called whatsapp

Discovered that one a while back Bill. Main use for me is to have awareness of my (some would say too numerous) offspring, spread around the globe, some near some far. It really is the biz!

Good news re Fritag too. His work on the Hawks is most inspiring, and I am of a mind to lay one down for the Senior Service!

Terry

• Like 2