Gannet ripple and relaxxxx

perdu

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:29, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

(I don’t think your daughter looks scruffy, but she’s clearly unique and treasured!)

Mrs Martian says I am unique and treasured but she still says I look scruffy! :(

Martian

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Mrs Martian says I am unique and treasured but she still says I look scruffy! :(

Martian

I better don't tell what Mrs CC is saying about me...:mellow::suicide:

Oh what a luck ! I have models to do Aaaaaaand :drink::drink:

:emo::emo:

Raaaah tomorrow evening, I'll be back in the game !

Have a nice Sunday !

Sincerely.

CC

Not happy? Cheer up mate, you know that soon you'll do that Perdu 'ta dah' and everything will look perfect, as usual!

Not without effort of course, but then that's all part of the game :D

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

P1140182.jpg

Don't look very good do they?

The paint build up stiffener plates I mean

They can be felt by fingertips but they will be needing some extra enhancement which means I will probably outline them with a number 10 or 11 scalpel blade

That might give some more substance to them with any luck

I made castings of the auxiliary finlets from my Eastern Express (Frog moulds) Gannet because I mislaid the ones off this version many moons ago, I think that worked OK

Here's the overall view this morning

P1140185.jpg

Don't underestimate the power of resin, says me

This saves one of these kits from the spares box and I have Airwaves to fit

:)

It was 'club' this afternoon so I didn't get much spare time today but one little embellishment task I undertook, using my 4+ book plans was adding the thin fairings over the flap actuator mechanism

Well six of the eight anyway, the ones at the wing roots will be done tomorrow

P1140188.jpg

She is coming along I feel, these will need additional chamfering to the pre-fitting chamfering I gave it, ready to test the 'fit'

P1140189.jpg

Yes the fairing over the starboard outer position shifted under the action of the clamp, since put right but I didn't have time before club to take any more photos

• Like 12

On 1/14/2018 at 12:39 PM, 71chally said:

I just wish they would raise the light for photography, even if it was just an hour window during the day.

I felt the same way. The lighting is certainly "atmospheric" and adds to the display, but felt that at the end of each "recovery cycle" there should have been 5mins of decent lighting come on, to have a good look at the aircraft.

When I visited there were no other examples of F-4 or Bucc in the rest of the museum, so Hobson's choice of lighting, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, limeypilot said:

I think they look great! A little scalpelry to add to the definition and job done!

Ian

Agreed 100%, they look great already :clap:

Ciao

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, perdu said:

Don't look very good do they?

The paint build up stiffener plates I mean

They can be felt by fingertips but they will be needing some extra enhancement which means I will probably outline them with a number 10 or 11 scalpel blade

That might give some more substance to them with any luck

A nice wash might enhance these.

• Sad 1

Looking good Bill.

I think that I would try a coat of paint on a wing before accentuating further those strips.  They don't show up that much in photos, but just give an impression on the surface of the wing, ie they break up the smooth skin finish.

24 minutes ago, Courageous said:

A nice wash might enhance these.

Sadly not part of my 'skill-set'

Having to learn new stuff at my age "at your age..."

I have already let loose the scalpel of change on the starboard wing, leetle bitty at a time to stop me making a massive mistook

Looks fair but I will need to learn the washing game

• Like 1

It's not ME I admit, but I may try it just because

But not for a while

Some of you who have journeyed along with my meanderings before will possibly remember the Christmas Club Meeting always brings forth a kit to make under some duress

Self imposed it's true and it is easy to miss out, just go away on holidays to Mauritius, or Martinique or somesuch warm and hazy tropics instead of attending the Christmas do

Which was cancelled last year due to untoward weather conditions but which was entered into on Sunday

The Charity Kit Build Competition gets a donation, we gets a present to unwrap which then becomes a kit to build

By March

I have given up on WW2 * and certainly shy away from Hurricanes, Spitfires and the like

No more to build Mosquitoes, eschew the mighty Beaufighter and abandon here any silly plots to get a Lancaster on the bench

The previous Christmas meeting I was dumped on from a severe oxygen limiting altitude and got a tank to build

This year the Yuletide Imp excelled himself

This

P1010089.jpg

Fortunately the rules forbid after market unless it comes in the Wrapping Paper

Anyway, can anyone see what it is?

Does this help?

P1010091.jpg

Yes it's a Spitfire

Two versions are possible from this little box, I think I will be making K9794 of 19th squadron of Dacksford Base in 1939, does this sound like a good choice to you?

Lovely little two blade prop and unbuldged canopy

Type B markings and I believe it to be the A scheme camouflage

What do I know?

Could very easily be the B scheme already

Black and white undersides too with opposite coloured Ailerons

And what about  these stickers?

P1010093.jpg

Are those code letters supposed to be Dark Sea Grey?

Oh well on with the show

There were innards

Green they were

P1010094.jpg

Edited by perdu
  • Like 8

Sadly not, mate...

Nice I mean, this one reminds me of the Froggy that Ced built

No undercut at the wing rear fillet

Question, shall I modify that bit or just make it quick to fulfill the terms of the competition?

Dilemmas huh

😕

What does the team think?

Incidentally I am still prefabricating the outer wing, inner panel for the Bucc

• Like 1

Hi Bill,

Think yourself lucky! You could have been gifted a Harrican which defended Britain (under Hue Dawding) against Nachist Germany.

Still, there's a fairly relaxed approach to the painting of this little gem - the serial K9794 may be lightly daubed after being applied, or may not be required. Easy!

Dave (who resorted to a cold, that good old stand-by in times of great stress - no need to go thousands of miles away!)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well I for one am humbled by the role this machine played in “defending Britain against the enemy of Nachist Germany”.

If the instructions are anything to go by - and I think they definitely are! - this should be a treat.  Not for you, but for us.  Do we know which modelling giants manufactured this gem?

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Haha 2