1/72 - Farman F.70 vacuform kit by Broplan - released

Homebee

Broplan is to relase 1/72nd Farman F.70 kits

- ref. MS-201 - Farman F.70 (Polish Air Lines "Aero") 

Source: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/farman-f70-polish-air-lines-aero-ms-201-broplan-ms-201-airliner-modelling-kits/product/?action=prodinfo&art=147903

147903_0.jpg

- ref. MS-202 - Farman F.70 (Lignes Aériennes Farman)

Source: https://www.aviationmegastore.com/farman-f70-lignes-aeriennes-farman-ms-202-broplan-ms-202-airliner-modelling-kits/product/?action=prodinfo&art=147904

147904_0.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Kevin Callahan said:

I once planned a purchase from these fellows and then ran across the same postal rates you mention. No thanks. 

10 hours ago, Moa said:

32 euros of shipping and handling to the US?

Is actually someone taking a plane to deliver it?

Nice kit, no doubt a good deal at 20+ Euros, but I don't think I will paying those postage rates, no sir.

It seems that there is a biz to do - somone should convence a modeller shop in US to import whole banch of Broplan kits and then distribute them in US. For idea I want 2% of turnover :)

Cheers

J-W

Indeed way too much!!! But don't blame the shop. I bought a Tamiya 1/100 Embraer from Squadron at 39,99, having it shipped to the Netherlands and it costed me US$ 55,00 postage  and that was excluding taxes. Indeed big business! But not for the modelling shops.

Stop complaining about postage. It is what it is. If you combine orders and you will see that percentage-wise it gets cheaper by the kit.

6 hours ago, Branky said:

Stop complaining about postage. It is what it is. If you combine orders and you will see that percentage-wise it gets cheaper by the kit.

Stop complaining? Let me rephrase that for you: "Perhaps you shouldn't complaint about postage, it may be the rates, not their added gain"

There, I think now it sounds a lot more polite.

Anyways, I hardly ever combine purchases, I just want what I want. I don't favor marketing schemes.

I also buy from other vendors all over Europe (Western and Eastern), and pay reasonable postage (between $6 and $18 -dollars, to clarify) to get the goods in the US. If I buy from Amazon UK, for example, many times I pay 0 postage. 

Sometimes I buy things here for fellow modelers that live in Europe, and costs me about $20-$25 to send them their kits.

So you see, something doesn't quite match here. 32 Euros are a long way from the numbers I am quoting.

The only other possible scenario would be that they are choosing a method of delivery (faster, insured, etc) that drives the prices higher. 

But other hobby stores let the customer chose their own shipping method, at the customer risk, of course.

• Like 1

As I understood the high post rate is when someone from US buys model in shop localized in Europe and pays for sending  single model by a air-mail or express currier. It must cost that much. If a shop from US will buy let say 200 models in small company in Europe, paying not for express currier but using traditional ship transport, and then will sell it inside US the rate for postage can be limited. Or am I wrong? This is basic economy how world goes around I think...

Regards

J-W

All left to find are 200 modellers in the US who want a Farman F.70.  Good luck with that.  The ending of traditional sea mail and the universal use of air freight has certainly raised costs for the modeller and book buyer, but that's something we just have to live with.  You can still get reasonable rates out of the Far East, presumably through piggy-backing in some way on other traffic, but it doesn't work trans-Atlantic.  In the end, if you refuse to pay the postal rates then you didn't really want the kit enough.

I point out that I regularly buy kits from England, France, Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Poland (and China and Japan!) and not once paid the amount demanded above.

I was never charged 32 Euros for S&H, not even 20 Euros.

May be it's a specific country?

And there are so many kits, and vendor options, that you are not really host to conditions that are not agreeable with you.

Time has showed me that the kit you want will ultimately show up somewhere at a convenient price and purchase conditions.

I do buy, and hopefully will continue to buy, new kits from traditional vendors, and support my local hobby shops, though.

But I will not settle for "if you really want it that's the deal", if I perceive -and that's subjective- that it is not fair.

4 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

All left to find are 200 modellers in the US who want a Farman F.70.  Good luck with that. 

I ment 200 kits from Broplan, not 200 Farmans - Broplan have more than 120 models in catalogue, some very tasty among them :)

Regards

J-W

Broplan has 205 different models in its range, some more interesting than others and a few obsolete due to injection kits having appeared but in inetesring range as such. One may wonder why they are not for sale with all those enterprising booming US modelshops. It seems that there is a huge market among the US modellers for them so stocking the full range will definitely be economical interesting.

7 hours ago, Branky said:

Broplan has 205 different models in its range, some more interesting than others and a few obsolete due to injection kits having appeared but in inetesring range as such. One may wonder why they are not for sale with all those enterprising booming US modelshops. It seems that there is a huge market among the US modellers for them so stocking the full range will definitely be economical interesting.

Nice to hear this! I was e-mailing today with owner of the Broplan and he told me about problems which he facing while trying to export his kits to US...Hope in Trans-Atlantic Trade pact?

Regards

J-W

Well, with the current manangement in the oval office that T-TIP is definitely 'no deal'.  "America first"  So maybe we can convince Janusz of Broplan to set up a factory in the US?  I think with the potential of the US market he will do good business and create jobs too. Win-win situation! 

• Like 1