Asian Elephant - 1/72 CMK

Paul A H

Asian Elephant

1:72 CMK

hefalump_01.jpg

It's not ivory day that an item as original as this lands on the BM review desk. While an elephant might seem to be an unusual choice, it's good to see that CMK refuse to be part of the herd and are happy to produce items that are a little left of field. So let's see if they are up to the tusk, or if this product is, in fact, a white elephant. The overall size and shape of the beast looks good to me, and the features of the Elephas maximus indicus appear to have been captured accurately. The casting is pretty good, but there is a large casting seam running along the spine of the creature, as well as a few bubbles on the surface. This surprised me, as I've never encountered problems with CMK resin in the past. Perhaps this one just needs a pachydermitologist. 

hefalump_02.jpg

Conclusion

It's great to see that some manufacturers can maintain the elephant of surprise and bring us some genuinely interesting items. Far from being irrelephant, this item will be a fantastic addition to many dioramas from the Asian theatre of war. Thanks a ton, but I'm afraid that's all the elephant puns rhino. 

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of 

logo.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Look ! Gents !

Time to have a 1/72 corsair Mk IV !

Did anyone of you remind this wonderfull Taylor's painting about Fifi

Please CMK, give us a 1/48 Elephant !!! Pleaaaaaaaase !

Great idea and great review ! Thanks.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

I see from the extended tail fin that this is the Elephant MK2 to give better directional stability when switched to 'rampage' mode. For the MK3 they added the oversized side-mounted radiators that the hot conditions in India demanded.

• Haha 1

Ho Dears !

Look you're bantering an elephant, now fifi is shocked !!

WP_20170829_15_12_40_Pro

And mind yourself, she had a pretty good memotry !:rofl2:

Here's what I mean, Thanks to Mr Robert Taylor whose book is one my favourite one

WP_20170829_15_12_20_Pro

Will be a good piece of a diorama, come on with a 1/48 elephant now Mr and Mrs CMK, please !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1