Calling Bf110G4 fans!!

galgos

This post is aimed at modellers who prefer to build in larger scales, specifically 1/32nd in this case.  Over on the Large Scale Planes forum we have been discussing and bemoaning the fact that there isn't an accurate model of the later nightfighter version of the Bf110, the G4.  Dragon produced some excellent and accurate kits of the earlier marques in both 1/48th and 1/32nd but didn't go further than the E.  Revell produced a G4 many years ago but it's rather poor and needs a shed load of work to bring it up to anything like an acceptable level.

However, as a result of much dialogue between those of us needing a larger scale G4, it seems like a conversion set is actually going to happen and within the foreseeable future with one of the Dragon kits as the base model.  If you wish to find out more please follow this link:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=70239

Max

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

If I remember correctly there was a 1/48 correction set for the revell/promodeller bf 110 g-4 by cutting edge cec4816. This included new engines, props, spinners, and the bulges behind the engines on the upper wing. Not sure if it's still available tho

On 8/22/2017 at 4:16 AM, galgos said:

This post is aimed at modellers who prefer to build in larger scales, specifically 1/32nd in this case.  Over on the Large Scale Planes forum we have been discussing and bemoaning the fact that there isn't an accurate model of the later nightfighter version of the Bf110, the G4.  Dragon produced some excellent and accurate kits of the earlier marques in both 1/48th and 1/32nd but didn't go further than the E.  Revell produced a G4 many years ago but it's rather poor and needs a shed load of work to bring it up to anything like an acceptable level.

However, as a result of much dialogue between those of us needing a larger scale G4, it seems like a conversion set is actually going to happen and within the foreseeable future with one of the Dragon kits as the base model.  If you wish to find out more please follow this link:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=70239

Max

Are you leaving out the Eduard G-4 on purpose? It's reasonably accurate, though a bit of a pain to build.

17 hours ago, Mark Proulx said:

Ummmm....

Eduard is 48th scale. This conversion set is in 32nd scale designed for the Dragon kit.

Mark Proulx

Point taken. The OP mentioned both 1/32 and 1/48, which is what I went on, but I realize the conversion he's discussing is 1/32.

Yes I'm talking about 1/32nd scale in this particular post, my present favoured scale.. Things have moved on since my first post, Gary is no longer doing a conversion set, though John from AIMS is, and it's not that far off. If anybody is interested, pop over to LSP (Large Scale Planes) forum, go to the Vendors Section where you'll find the whole thread showing progress pictures and discussion.

Max