G2 Jagdpanther winterized

Thanks Ozzy

Yes, I'm pretty much done that winter experiment.  I don't want to terrorize any more poor models and how do you ever go back to the original scheme?

I'm also thinking I may have to start paying to use Imgur and also the Britmodeller forums if I keep soaking up bandwith.

I'm fed up with Tiger Is right now after a marathon track building session last night on the latest so I'm thinking there's a T-34 in the future for a change of pace 

and the Tiger can wait.  I'm also hung up on the interior color as Tamiya doesn't have a FS35237 blue/gray that I want and I hate mixing paint.  I was going to do the white

and red/brown but now I've decided to do the gray interior, but no paint that's close.  The other option is to just close the darned thing up as the turret is mostly done and you can't

see bugger all inside the hull anyway.

The LHS has a couple of T-34s so I'm going to pick one up and do it in the....winter camo scheme.  Unfortunately there's another complete interior in those kits too.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 1

I built the Dragon T34/76 a few years back, I can definitely recommend that as a nice build. Not sure how close it is to the real colour, I've used humbrol's brick red for flooring and tank undercoat. The Tigers looking good, I built the Academy mid Tiger with interior about 10 years ago I painted the interior sky blue for some reason.

Ha! I just KNEW  you'd do a T34 Clive!

That's a top notch job on the Jp. 

Now, I'd like to see you do the T34 not-so-weathered.

BTW, the photos.... you've 'forgotten' to take an aerial shot and a close-up of the rear decking!

I will say one thing for winter camo. When it's done well it makes an AFV look like its really made of metal.  I guess it's because the underlying colours tend to lose their strong tones and almost look grey... and the chipping/weathering of the white, against that 'grey' looks very much like oxidised metal? Your Jp looks like it actually weighs, ooh I dunno. 45 tonnes?

Rearguards,

Badder

Badder

How's this?  Check out the box it's sitting on.  Picked this up this AM.

Thanks for looking.

BTW the vinyl tracks in the AFV Club T34/85 are all twisted and generally a P.O.S. so I guess I'll be ordering an aftermarket set of indy links.

Lloyd

IsTnojm.jpgbeHe6ZL.jpgnpf3PyJ.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 3