1/48 - Sukhoi Su-33 "Flanker-D" & Shenyang J-15 Fēishā by Minibase - Su-33 released - J-15 expected in 2023

Homebee

• 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-33 "Flanker-D" by Minibase - 3D renders+box art+sprues+decals - release in 2021

Too many small parts that will eventually be insignificant due to being lost or not visible. Looks like another kit company in the spirit of Bronco. Bronco kits also have a high part count.

Its not criticism at all. I m excited about this kit and look forward to build it. 

• Haha 1

I'm impressed by the detail of this kit and I'm tempted to pre-order one.

I'm about 2/3 of finishing reading the excellent "Famous Russian Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-27 & Su-30/33/34/35" and I've noticed the kit's instructions regarding the options for the infra-red guided R-27T and R-27ET AAMs are wrong according to this book: R-27T/ETs can only be carried on pylons 3 & 4, this is valid for all "Flanker" variants.

c92391867360133a269ac5a2ac2e8135.png

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-33 "Flanker-D" by Minibase - released
  • 3 weeks later...

I received mine as a belated Chrissy prezzie.

My first thought was 'we're gonna need a bigger magnifying glass'. 

The level of detail is borderline insane. Rather like an Eduard etched fret; will everything get used?

If Minibase are setting out to impress, then I'd say they succeeded.

• Like 1

The level of detail in the kit is highly impressive and advanced modelers are going to love it. I suspect, and am not sure about this, but the average modeler may find the multitude of tiny and some fragile appearing parts may put the kit out of their league. The kit's gorgeous but not for everyone. Personal thoughts only, not mean to offend anyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

The level of detail in the kit is highly impressive and advanced modelers are going to love it. I suspect, and am not sure about this, but the average modeler may find the multitude of tiny and some fragile appearing parts may put the kit out of their league. The kit's gorgeous but not for everyone. Personal thoughts only, not mean to offend anyone.

I live in NEW YORK CITY, nothing  scares me!  LOL.  Does anyone know the  total part count?

Asking for a friend. 🙂

• Haha 1

I am going to put this on my must have list.  Question is, does Hobby Easy ever have good deals on shipping?  I have used Lucky Models (which will never carry this kit) but never from Hobby Easy.   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I am going to put this on my must have list.  Question is, does Hobby Easy ever have good deals on shipping?  I have used Lucky Models (which will never carry this kit) but never from Hobby Easy.   

I think their shipping works out better if you're buying a few kits, but a certain amount of 'playing around' with the order is the best way to find out. Their MENG prices are good too.

• Thanks 1