1/48 - Sukhoi Su-33 "Flanker-D" & Shenyang J-15 Fēishā by Minibase - Su-33 released - J-15 expected in 2023

Homebee

Aviation Art (or another new brand) Minibase Hobby Corp. should release a new tool 1/48th Sukhoi Su-33 "Flanker-D" kit. The developpers team is reported to be the same having designed the Su-33 kit project purchased and produced by Kinetic. They are now fixing several details and errors and expect/hope to produce their own new kit from the "Flanker-D". The devil is in the details... To be followed. 

Hence my question: do we really need another Su-33/J-15 kit after the Kinetic efforts (Su-33  J-15) and Trumpeter soon to release models (link)?

Source: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/300334-gwh-su-33-148/&do=findComment&comment=2876381

78f2bd8bgy1fir7g93nn6j22uh1e0k34.jpg

V1.0

78f2bd8bgy1fir7g6nc8vj22uc1d2n99.jpg
v2.0

This is the final design v2.0 and the original design  v1.0 is sold by the kinetic contrast, due to the new mold, We fixed the original design can not be corrected error because of our all new tools: all rivets re-decorate, correct fuselage surface, correction of vertical tail section, weapons, racks, landing gear, and so on all the details of the model more accurate. And improve the shrinkage of parts, will later release more relevant information.
Coming soon as Aivation Art, please pay attention.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg
Edited by Homebee

do we need one? good question!

will we (anyone) buy one who already has at least 1 Kinetic offering? Did anyone not only vaguely interested in the Su-33 not buy one yet? Did somebody really expect or wait for en even better kit?

1/32 and Tan Models  is certainly another story!

20 hours ago, exdraken said:

do we need one? good question!

will we (anyone) buy one who already has at least 1 Kinetic offering? Did anyone not only vaguely interested in the Su-33 not buy one yet? Did somebody really expect or wait for en even better kit?

1/32 and Tan Models  is certainly another story!

Far too late to the party, I'd have thought. I really struggle to understand their business model - sell your design/mould/whatever to another manufacturer and then release an 'upgraded' version yourself?

1 hour ago, hopkp said:

Far too late to the party, I'd have thought. I really struggle to understand their business model - sell your design/mould/whatever to another manufacturer and then release an 'upgraded' version yourself?

especially as the high invest of the tooling still has to be recoverd...

at least wait a bit longer in order to let a new customer base be born first  ;)

or release another Flanker version first that is not covered yet in such a high standard!

whatever, I will let me surprise  :)

1 hour ago, hopkp said:

Did they not start the party?! Sounds like they have just made corrections to the original design as boxed by Kinetic and going to potentially market it through a different company.

Muzz

• Like 1

Source: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/300334-aviation-art-su-33-148/&do=findComment&comment=2877341

Dear Chris

The original design was not formally listed because of the personal reasons for previous project supervision (Has resigned), here were resulting in a large number of unacceptable and can not be corrected bugs and that is not the design and mold owner's intention.
More CAD for you

78f2bd8bgy1fizhnz09faj22s71g0gvv.jpg78f2bd8bgy1fizhnxwswgj22ef1ftwpk.jpg78f2bd8bgy1fizhnwl1hij22rw1ewgw3.jpgBest regards
Ran

V.P.

maybe we can get updates for the "highly successful and lenghty" Syrian campaign last year? (i.e. 500kg bombs and adequate fuselage/tunnel pylons?

any other weapons that were used there?

Sounds like these guys are trying to turn a large fortune into a small one. A new version with repositioned rivets and tail section?

I really dont see many people buying another SU-33 over the Kinetic ones in there stash because they are converned the section of the tail is the wrong NACA aerofoil.

Anyone who was waiting for a great SU-33 has already bought Kinetic's so the maket is very limited to people who become new fans of the naval Flanker.

Good luck to them but i wouldnt be investing in it.

• Like 1

I agree but still the kinetic box can be developed. In my opinion a single box can easily cover J-15 with minimal additions. Kinetic offering does not have enough missiles for a fully loaded aircraft. Additional a2g weapons can be added. A better instructions can be drawn. All little stuff and not that much of a worthy endeavor but I will buy more Su-33/J-15s. If it is the same price with Kinetic I will consider. 

• Like 1

Very interesting. I have the Kinetic kit and I've seen only one of them built. The guy apparently had a horrible time with the instructions and fit (so pretty much everything?). If this "re-release" fixes those problems, I like the Su-33 enough that I'd buy it (again?).

Edited by Porkbits
grammar

1 hour ago, Porkbits said:

Very interesting. I have the Kinetic kit and I've seen only one of them built. The guy apparently had a horrible time with the instructions and fit (so pretty much everything?). If this "re-release" fixes those problems, I like the Su-33 enough that I'd buy it (again?).

For me, the fit was very good with one exception the nose cone. Nose cone had a significant step where it attached to the lower fusalage. So I would very much disagree that the fit is horrible. Far from it. Some parts click to each other. Flaps, one the most prone areas for fit problems, go together perfectly. Apart from the nose cone I did not use any putty. 

As I wrote earlier, instructions are bad but at the end I had nothing I could not have figured out. 

57 minutes ago, foxmulder said:

For me, the fit was very good with one exception the nose cone. Nose cone had a significant step where it attached to the lower fusalage. So I would very much disagree that the fit is horrible. Far from it. Some parts click to each other. Flaps, one the most prone areas for fit problems, go together perfectly. Apart from the nose cone I did not use any putty. 

As I wrote earlier, instructions are bad but at the end I had nothing I could not have figured out. 

Wow....well, that's good to know! I'm not sure why this guy had so many problems. Maybe I'm misremembering his post. In any event, guess I won't have to shelve or trash the kit. :-) 

• 3 weeks later...

More renders.

Sources:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/300334-aviation-art-su-33-148/&do=findComment&comment=2879515

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/300334-aviation-art-su-33-148/&do=findComment&comment=2879516

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/300334-aviation-art-su-33-148/&do=findComment&comment=2879646

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/300334-aviation-art-su-33-148/&do=findComment&comment=2879647

Original designs

78f2bd8bgy1fjj3gwly6dj22tv187wk3.jpg

v2.0 CAD

78f2bd8bgy1fjj3gvnmhzj22ub1asdmv.jpg

Since some of the accidents resulted in the tools being produced without testing, the blades in the engine vents of the kinetic tool were indeed missing, although there was this detail at design time.
Of course, the new design will be better, but some of the details that cannot be implemented may not be reflected in the final product.

Original designs
78f2bd8bgy1fjj3griw5fj22u71g6n82.jpg

new
78f2bd8bgy1fjj3guskidj22uf1f1k46.jpg

The original desigin was very badly, and whole cockpit was wrong.But we fix it at completed redesigin. :thumbsup:

It is expected that the remaining time will be less then two weeks.

The following is a comparison of old and new CAD, in addition the front landing gear bay  is similar to the cockpit.

78f2bd8bgy1fjk3nwcid8j22j317sjxj.jpg

78f2bd8bgy1fjk3nvhwuoj216q0m20vj.jpg

78f2bd8bgy1fjk3nu53n1j22u31fwalc.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:24 PM, DarrenH said:

I really dont see many people buying another SU-33 over the Kinetic ones in there stash because they are converned the section of the tail is the wrong NACA aerofoil.

Anyone who was waiting for a great SU-33 has already bought Kinetic's so the maket is very limited to people who become new fans of the naval Flanker.

Good luck to them but i wouldnt be investing in it.

Perhaps it'd be a very good idea if the blokes in Aviation Art would sell separate parts comprising all of the new modifications in the version 2.0 to those modellers who bought the Kinetic kit?

I'd surely buy them. 

Edited by Uncle Uncool
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2017 at 7:20 AM, Uncle Uncool said:

Perhaps it'd be a very good idea if the blokes in Aviation Art would sell separate parts comprising all of the new modifications in the version 2.0 to those modellers who bought the Kinetic kit?

I'd surely buy them. 

+1!

On 18/09/2017 at 5:20 AM, Uncle Uncool said:

I'd surely buy them. 

I'm not sure that would work seeing as the new kit incorporates geometrical changes meaning that the revised parts may not fit the Kinetic kit properly. An example would be cockpit tub and its clearance with the nose gear bay.

Mark

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 12:32 AM, madcat911 said:

I'm not sure that would work seeing as the new kit incorporates geometrical changes meaning that the revised parts may not fit the Kinetic kit properly. An example would be cockpit tub and its clearance with the nose gear bay.

Same thought here, Mark, but with both the head-on pictures provided above, and toying with the two different layers on Photoshop, it quite seems as though only the upper fuselage half had been affected by the changes incorporated on the new version, which would prompt the overriding enquire on my part to the manufacturer at Aviation Art regarding the subject. 

Besides, if you check the way how the whole cockpit floor lays on that cradle-like base on the Kinetic kit's lower fuselage half, one can but wonder why in hell they didn't make the correct depth on the original cockpit floor in the original version...?

TMbMiWw.jpg 

There's a huge lot of space left below the cradle, I don't even know what it is for.

Edited by Uncle Uncool
I've got bananas for fingers

• 3 weeks later...

Currently, I'm collecting signatures and organising rallies in Hong Kong, China, Deutschland and Russia in order so that Aviation Art agree to sell those new modified parts separately to the modellers who purchased the Kinetic kit. The response is massive! Stay tuned for the particulars. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, Uncle Uncool said:

Currently, I'm collecting signatures and organising rallies in Hong Kong, China, Deutschland and Russia in order so that Aviation Art agree to sell those new modified parts separately to the modellers who purchased the Kinetic kit. The response is massive! Stay tuned for the particulars. 

All I can say about this text above is next:

We are waiting probably the best model kit of aircraft in 1/48 scale ever! And the reason of that kind of speaking for realisation a petition that Aviation Art agree to sell those new modified parts separately to the modellers who purchased the Kinetic kit is complete foolishness, because...Aviation Art Su-33 doesn't have any relation with previously buyed model kits under label of Kinetic. When you have buyed model kit of Kinetic, you didn't buyed model kit of Aviation Art. So, the question is: Why would someone owe something to someone if those two individuals didn't even have any of connections and money transfers. Why to sign the petition which is even total nonsense, Aviation art's is totally new model kit, under their label, and totally new parts, without any connection with Kinetic. Maybe someone is trying to get new model kit for free...I don't know...But all I want to say that this is the greatest nonsense that I have ever seen in my entire life. Those acts of desperate people that already have incorrect model kit is only things that make chaos and confusion in this greatest and best hobby for us in the world. Chaos make chaos...People let's just wait new model kit...how many 109's are on the market, all are similar...and no one ever asked other producers to send them parts of other, other producer for his model kit...We get new model kits all the time..let's make good welcoming for this one also...new model kit!

All the best,

Dragan.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DraganChe said:

We are waiting probably the best model kit of aircraft in 1/48 scale ever!

:rofl2: Of course... had I been given a dime everytime I've read someone saying that a future kit releasement was going to be "The Mother Of All Kits," I guess I could have by now gotten me a new Tamiya Tomcat! Sure the Aviation Art kit is going to be a nice kit - perhaps better than the Kinetic one, but saying that it's going to be the best 1/48 kit ever? Based on what? Your judgment? Your expectations?

Why would someone owe something to someone

Some reading comprehension: Never have I said Aviation Art owed me anything; just made a statement to the fact that "It'd be awesome if we could get (where get means purchase, and not to be handed over for free), separate samples of those parts improved in the Aviation Art version." Read once again, please. :doh:

Why to sign the petition which is even total nonsense

You might as well ask that to the nearly 39.700 modellers who already signed the petition in Hong Kong; the 58.494 who signed in Shanghai; 17.479 in Düsseldorf and 25.733 in Moscow? Oh, and FYI; just because you deem something to be nonsense it doesn't mean it's nonsense to everybody else, y'know.

Aviation art's is totally new model kit, under their label, and totally new parts

That's completely wrong. The new parts involved are just less than the 15% of the kit that was released by Kinetic.

Maybe someone is trying to get new model kit for free...I don't know...But all I want to say that this is the greatest nonsense that I have ever seen in my entire life.

Ah, the scheme... :lol: As if anyone would ever be able to build a whole new kit out of just an upper and lower fuselage halves... But all I want to say here is that perhaps you're not thinking very well.

Those acts of desperate people that already have incorrect model kit is only things that make chaos and confusion in this greatest and best hobby for us in the world

Wow... thank God we were just talking about model kits and not about world domination, for instance! So, am I making chaos and confusion because I'm desperate about having an inaccurate kit? *turns round to look at the stash* Well, I've counted over 45 kits which are inaccurate before I got bored. So how come the modelling world has not ended already?

Chaos make chaos...

:clap: Now THAT's wisdom! Where do you get it? I guess your logic is undeniable.

how many 109's are on the market, all are similar...and no one ever asked other producers to send them parts of other, other producer for his model kit...

Sure, sure... :rolleyes: Could you tell me how many -109 kits that you knew of which development phase were shared by two different manufacturers? You realise now that this statement was as dim-witted as the rest of your above spiel?

Maybe I should organise to collect signatures in Serbia, but then I'd be worried that you could be there.

Cheers,

Unc2

Your feelings are hurt, and i am afraid that your...skills, well...will not get you free kit...or anymore auditorium, as a psychiatrist, I must say that there is much, much more behind that scene what you are trying... to make attention to your self...or something much worse...