1/48 - Bristol Type 171 Sycamore by AMP - HR.50/.51, Mk.52/Mk.14 & HR.14 - released - new Mk.4/HR.50 boxing by Red Roo Models

Homebee

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely going to get one of these.

As others have said it would be great to see some other British helicopter types to go with it in due course. Westland Whirlwind HAR10 (and other marks) and Bristol Belvedere HC1. Would be incredible in 1/48 but I would be happy with 1/72 scale too. Fingers crossed!  :please:

Rich

I too am eagerly waiting  to buy one........fond memories of lady bird - peter n jane storybook.....from the early years which featured this chopper in one of its titles.....lol

rich, I think smm models did this in 1/72. Mikro Mir is the designers of it and I think they are upscaling it to 1/48....now....I may be wrong but it’s similar to the provost.....

rgds

On 7/8/2018 at 11:19 AM, RichG said:

Definitely going to get one of these.

As others have said it would be great to see some other British helicopter types to go with it in due course. Westland Whirlwind HAR10 (and other marks) and Bristol Belvedere HC1. Would be incredible in 1/48 but I would be happy with 1/72 scale too. Fingers crossed!  :please:

Rich

On 7/8/2018 at 2:02 PM, Mr B said:

I too am eagerly waiting  to buy one........fond memories of lady bird - peter n jane storybook.....from the early years which featured this chopper in one of its titles.....lol

rich, I think smm models did this in 1/72. Mikro Mir is the designers of it and I think they are upscaling it to 1/48....now....I may be wrong but it’s similar to the provost.....

rgds

A 1/48 Belvedere would be quite something. I'm struggling to keep up with MM as it is though....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

I know who is working on it at 1/72

Wow, that's good news! :thumbsup:

I hope its injection moulded, but then a good resin would be fine too (although thinking about the fuselage length and potential for warping... 🤔 maybe not). I'd certainly be in the market for a couple.  Any more clues... this year, next?

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/mikro.mir.dnepr/posts/2032411433503249?__xts__[0]=68.ARDmU41JGANhcX900PtgGOy2EVcAY_0fbEG8McY7GJ9ICwTpU1wzh77fy-2acK-PV7ljRx7IirdSd5IT_VpT_cCIz5Pt_LxV_jT639-tuui-Z2wj5gU-rp5jADTgCq_BQMnUjIM&__tn__=-R

PE + 1st boxing - ref.48006 -  schemes & decals.

401.jpg

imageproxy.jpg

IMO this Thor Atlas scheme is 🤢 🤮

400.png

V.P.
Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Not one, but TWO Australian subjects! How good is that?!

Three actually - 

1. XD653 - Royal Australian Navy

2. A91-2 - Royal Australian Air Force

3. VH-INO - Thorn Altas

Should be a welcomed addition to the collection

Cheers

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Homebee said:

The Thorn Atlas livery is well cool, well done Mikro Mir.

It will look great next the near all red BEA machine.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/10/2018 at 15:03, Homebee said:

Not my favourite variant. Waiting next boxing.

V.P.

Other than perhaps different decals (which may be covered off by the after market lads and lasses), I can't see too much difference from this iteration and any future boxings of the kit, as the difference between the export machines and indigenous ones are going to be hardly noticeably in 1/48.

Thomo.