Revell.1/28 Fokker Triplane.

Well you are certainly doing an excellent job with the old kit. I wouldn't have guessed the decals had been a nightmare - it's all looking great! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

2 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Well you are certainly doing an excellent job with the old kit. I wouldn't have guessed the decals had been a nightmare - it's all looking great! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix,only one more awkward decal left to do,for it's 50 year vintage it's a great fun build and a decent size due to it's scale.

• Like 1

Hi folk's last update for now  as no modelling now for at least a week,good time for a break the V struts ahead of the cockpit are poorly

molded and short so scratchbuilding new ones as soon as work re-start's.

IMG-20170906-WA0001

Edited by stevej60

On 05/09/2017 at 11:34, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's a nightmare with the rest of the decal's as they have a very matt carrier film so placed them and brushed gloss under and over

them.

20170905_111538

You're doing a lovely job with this one, but not surprised that you're having a bit of a 'mare with the transfers..... it's Revell....!  I've yet to find a Revell kit where the transfers (decals) want to play ball and NOT silver even on a perfectly high-gloss, smooth surface!  They're Revell transfers - they 'silver'......  They always did -even when I was a kid back in the early 70's, sticking them onto badly painted gloss enamel paint....  Airfix on the other hand have always behaved well... the new Cartograph transfers are the best I've used so far!  Anyway, not wanting to get into any debate about transfer/decal quality... I really like what you've achieved with this old Revell kit..... Lovely job! :)
Cheers,

Steve.

Thank's Steve, Revell decal's have been the bain of many modeller's lives mine included,Iv'e just built both version's of Airfix's little Va and found the decal's

their best yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...