Super Hornet canopy

Saddler

Hi Folks,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but here goes. Following some ebaying with a touch of alcohol the other night I find myself the proud owner of a Revell 1/72 f/a-18E super hornet......

.....Without the canopy. My fault as it was described in the advert 😢

Anyway I am looking for a supplier of an aftermarket canopy for said beast, to no avail as yet. My main question is will an F/A-18a or c canopy fit the super hornet? As Pavla do one in this scale. If it doesn't quite fit no problem as I can pose it 'lid up'.

Any advice please you Rhino buffs?

Hi, Saddler,

Disclaimer: A completely unscientific answer.

Seeing a general three-view comparative drawing, I would say they are compatible. Anyway, it is worth a try.

Fernando

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:44 AM, Saddler said:

Hi Folks,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but here goes. Following some ebaying with a touch of alcohol the other night I find myself the proud owner of a Revell 1/72 f/a-18E super hornet......

.....Without the canopy. My fault as it was described in the advert 😢

Anyway I am looking for a supplier of an aftermarket canopy for said beast, to no avail as yet. My main question is will an F/A-18a or c canopy fit the super hornet? As Pavla do one in this scale. If it doesn't quite fit no problem as I can pose it 'lid up'.

Any advice please you Rhino buffs?

I would contact customer service on the Revell website- they have a link to replacement parts; enter the kit number, description of the part/s needed, as well as the letter of the sprue's on which the parts can be found. I have had excellent results on the occasions I needed replacements- one was a short-shot wing half for the Shackleton MR2 and the other a broken landing gear strut for the Fw-200C-3. It takes a couple of weeks to  a month for the parts to arrive, unless the kit is not in the queue for the injection molding machine.

Mike

http://www.revell.com/support/parts-request.php

Whoops- I forgot to mention that the link above is only for U.S. and Canadian customers- I think you have to contact Revell/Germany for customer assistance or replacement parts if you are in the UK- I know the gentleman I talked to by phone at the USA contact number told me that my parts would come from Revell/Germany to the U.S. site, then to me. PBS- sorry you seem to be having such a poor response. I hope I wasn't just lucky, for your sake!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
added information

29 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

I would contact customer service on the Revell website- they have a link to replacement parts; enter the kit number, description of the part/s needed, as well as the letter of the sprue's on which the parts can be found. I have had excellent results on the occasions I needed replacements- one was a short-shot wing half for the Shackleton MR2 and the other a broken landing gear strut for the Fw-200C-3. It takes a couple of weeks to  a month for the parts to arrive, unless the kit is not in the queue for the injection molding machine.

Mike

http://www.revell.com/support/parts-request.php

Not my experience, asked them for windows for the shack in late june, nothing from them, not even a email

Thanks for the info guys, I just remembered I've used the Revell spares service before for a broken 109 canopy, they took their time but got there in the end, there was no charge IIRC.

Anyway I've popped a request off, let's see what happens. I got an acknowledgement e-mail so that's a start. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 22-8-2017 at 5:19 PM, Saddler said:

Thanks for the info guys, I just remembered I've used the Revell spares service before for a broken 109 canopy, they took their time but got there in the end, there was no charge IIRC.

Anyway I've popped a request off, let's see what happens. I got an acknowledgement e-mail so that's a start. 😊

RoG's customer service is excellent - I received a replacement for my cracked MiG-21F-13 canopy within two working days! 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

Hi If anybody is still with this topic !!

Got an email from Revell(Germany) today stating:

"Dear Mr. Stephens,

This item is a cull item. The parts are not any longer available.

Kind regards

your service department Revell "

Looks like Pavla canopy option then :worry: hope it fits !!
  • Sad 1