Spares box shenanigans

kwaterous

I'm home from uni for a total of 18 days. So of course I decided to start a project I have very litttle hope of finishing before I have to jet across the country again.

ahhh... the modelling itch can be a b...itch

anyway. None of the kits in the stash were doing it for me. So I raided the spares box, and a few days later, came up with this:

IMG_0379.jpg

(I hope this works-used to use photobucket)

its mostly parts from a rare-plane 1:72 IA-58. Except that it has the inner wings of 1:48 Bf 109G-10. And the nose and canopy of a 109E-2. And I moved the tail planes around. And the wings aren't in the same spot. 

So so I have no idea what it is, what to call it, or what to do for a backstory. I'm just building it for fun :)

ideas for painting it/backstory would be appreciated

cheers,

K

Edited by kwaterous
  • Like 1

Interesting project, I think it would look good with Argentine markings though

Forgot backstory

So, an ex Blohm and Voss design engineer Rainier Wolfhaus who arrived in Argentina in 1947 set up with another expat German Engineer who had worked at Messerschmitt

Along with some locals and under the approval of the Peron regime they went into  the design and production sourcing several DB601 Engines from Spain

The first prototype was to fly on the 23rd December 1951 and was to be named the Evita, however during the taxying trails it was found the C of G was to far forward and they had to make adjustment to the tailplane with strakes added from the tailplane forward which cured the problem.

After the death of Eva, Juan Peron was reluctant to continue and the funding ceased causing the project to collapse, Helmut returned to Germany where he worked on the HFB 320 Hansa Jet

Edited by Graeme H
additional
  • Like 1