Carpathian Eagle...1/48 IAR-80 Romanian Airforce

• 2 weeks later...

The kit has only a mast that has to be glued to the windscreen frame. My dad didn´t think that this would bare the tension of the wire so he tries to do it original, drilled a hole through the windscreen and added a plastic rod that is fixed to the dash board.

37770836471_6707cda1e9_b.jpgDSC_0009 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

37770835421_b644fee0ec_b.jpgDSC_0010 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

40 minutes ago, Romel said:

very nice work.

I think the color may be more darker 

as far as I know later in the war partly the aircraft were painted in a darker olive tone, in earlier stages it was RAF Dark Green like

Brilliant job you have made on what is a nice kit.

I am not keen on how engine was tooled, cowling is not great and armament poor. The wing to fuselage joint good, cockpit detail okay.

lots said about how accurate the kit is, not sure myself, as aircraft had a lot of development throughout it's life, and we haven't got a real example to look at.

I would have preferred Eduard to have tooled one up, think they would gone the extra mile.

yours is looking very good 😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gerrardandrews said:

Brilliant job you have made on what is a nice kit.

I am not keen on how engine was tooled, cowling is not great and armament poor. The wing to fuselage joint good, cockpit detail okay.

lots said about how accurate the kit is, not sure myself, as aircraft had a lot of development throughout it's life, and we haven't got a real example to look at.

I would have preferred Eduard to have tooled one up, think they would gone the extra mile.

yours is looking very good 😊

yes, Hobby Boss could have done more regarding detail and engineering, but all in all not a bad kit

1 hour ago, Reini78 said:

yes, Hobby Boss could have done more regarding detail and engineering, but all in all not a bad kit

Very good kit in many ways, has you have proved, I am nick picking, as you don't get to see the engine.

bit of a forgotten aircraft, made in some numbers, you would think a nice 1/72 be about, but, it doesn't seem to spark much interest, haven't seen many made up at shows, and magazine's seem to have given it the cold shoulder 😊

• Like 1

When I said "I think the color may be more darker",  I consider that:

-At the beginning between the Summer of 1940 and April-May 1941 they were 2 colors green and dark earth. -R.A.F. color for sure.

-After they spray new paint . UK no longer export to Romania . We don`t know for sure what kind of paint is because Romanian do not had a standard. But we know that meantime  they received aircraft and paint from Polish Air Force that escape from Poland. It may be a Polish paint.

-an last argument is that in decal instruction said dark green.

But no matter . It can be RAF green also.

Excellent work.

And next one IAR in darker coat. index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Edited by Romel