1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35S "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - released

Homebee

Well this is what one can expect in the box of the G.W.H Su-35S kit.

Hope you like it. :D

First of all The box

bMAr74G.jpg

main sprues

eB0bFdY.jpg

cockpit parts

dCvxIpI.jpg

Cockpit tab

SiUECSD.jpg

tires

9NsdGGc.jpg

The canopy sprue

crJvEUT.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 7

On 14.1.2018 at 1:21 PM, Homebee said:

oh my god....

with shipping costs like these (over 30 €!! ) they will not sell many!

probably the box got too big?

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

oh my god....

with shipping costs like these (over 30 €!! ) they will not sell many!

probably the box got too big?

Ooh, 36,8 € to my place. I really like the kit, but that's just ridiculous...

• Sad 1

Over on ARC some questions were raised on what some lines look like, different panel lines and engraved lines going nowhere.

Here are few views with some explanation on what is what. The overlapping panels are authentically reproduced which on most kits would be a simple engraved panel line. There are different service panels all over the aircraft as well as joint lines of surface panels. In some cases they are represented in a different way as required to reproduce the real surface. The same applies to rivets, screws (round head or flat), fast locks, they are all different size! Have to admit that I have no idea how many versions were used in the end, have to count the variations which were incorporated into the kit.

cy3j7V6.jpg

CYbuzTf.jpg

Yes, you are right, on the bottom surface a lot of panel lines, rivet lines go into nowhere. The reason is simple, what you see here is just part of the kit, it is a sub assembly. When all the different parts find their place it will be clear where those “renitent lines” go to.

ezcJg3G.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 3

On ARC question was asked about the curved surface and how different the details look on it in comparison to completely flat surfaces of the kit (the ones shown above). Well here is a bit about it:

Last time I have said that I can show only what I have. Be patient please. Here is a curved surface with all sorts of details on it. Lines, rivets looks consistent even at the base of the curve.

nV4ZVmM.jpg

Here are the “other” sprues. All the bits and pieces and missiles.

86osZCP.jpg

The engine cover one piece parts made with the “primitive” slide-mould technology. Of course you will see a hairline joint on the surface which should be easy to sand off without damaging the surrounding area.

qIKQhOV.jpg

HruaVxT.jpg

lAoJLhL.jpg

The nose gear door with place marked out for the de-icing alcohol container which is fitted to the current production airframes and retrofitted to most early production one. To go with it a de-icing sprinkler in front of the windshield is provided as a decal. Here there is a choice for the modellers if they want to make the earlier electric de-icing version the alcohol container should be left off and the heater filaments added on the windscreen in the form of a decal.

HvCUTSX.jpg

Nose gear bay

11Avnug.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DIO said:

I am amazed! But I will be waiting for a two seater :-)

I guess you will wait long..... there is no two-seater of a current Su-35S in real life!

only the old one, that is more Su-27 actually....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

I guess you will wait long..... there is no two-seater of a current Su-35S in real life!

only the old one, that is more Su-27 actually....

Doesn't have to be a su-35. A 2 seater from that company and that quality is welcome :-)

• Like 1

If anyone is still interested in the G.W.H Su-35S kit.

Here is a quick test build of the parts. It is almost a dry build, a real Weekend build done in few hours. What do you think?

All photos by Haneto.

But first here is a bit of the fuselage after the cockpit which had some questions.

2Zx5wzv.jpg

So here is the test build of the kit

x5aWEPQ.jpg

qWIozpi.jpg

eu5uYR6.jpg

The cockpit with open canopy

LgsSXtX.jpg

DxcpZdM.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 4

More of the quick test build of the new G.W.H Su-35S kit.

All photos by Haneto.

KQFj4WN.jpg

EVkpcTW.jpg

Here is the Hibinji electronic warfare container on the tips of the wings. There is a left and right side version and it is now a standard fit of the Su-35S when it goes to war. On a Russian TV program an officer was giving a quick description of the pod saying that it is for countermeasure and is fully effective below the 6000 m level.

There was no time to add some notes to the instruction sheet in the kit. If one takes a better look at the pods then it will be visible that some pods have a much darker grey cover (from the nose cone and other dielectric panels). In fact the covers are fairly frangible and many of them were replaced after breaking. In the latest version the blunt end of the pods was replaced with a new sharply pointed front cover, but this was visible only on Su-34’s till now.       

Anyway have a closer look at the reference photos of the particular aircraft you are building and could find that the Hibinji pod cons are of different colour.

1spSoAb.jpg

gRBUjJr.jpg

And a bit of the undercarriage bay with all the pipes added as separate parts from Sprue I.

sll0CzR.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 3

:analintruder: Noooiiiceee...!!!

The double curvature on the LERX surface looks spot on. I've been checking out the Kitty Hawk kit two days ago and was positively surprised at how good this feature was also caught by the design team; that, and especially the rounded fuselage section on the cockpit area, which the blokes at Hobby Boss botched on "they're" Flanker family of kits. First 1/48 kit in the Flanker family having finally achieved it.

Say, Gabor; how does the GWH kit compare to the Kitty Hawk kit with regard to these two features I've pointed above?

Oh, and please, don't give me your "this-thread-ain't-about-the-Kitty-Hawk-kit" line 'cause it'll just make me go bonkers.

It's just a simple question in order to see whether I'll get yet another Flanker E kit in that scale.

Cheers now,

Unc2 

Edited by Uncle Uncool
Typo; the pirate in me wants to take over once again

15 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:analintruder: Noooiiiceee...!!!

The double curvature on the LERX surface looks spot on. I've been checking out the Kitty Hawk kit two days ago and was positively surprised at how good this feature was also caught by the design team; that, and especially the rounded fuselage section on the cockpit area, which the blokes at Hobby Boss botched on "they're" Flanker family of kits. First 1/48 kit in the Flanker family having finally achieved it.

Say, Gabor; how does the GWH kit compare to the Kitty Hawk kit with regard to these two features I've pointed above?

Oh, and please, don't give me your "this-thread-ain't-about-the-Kitty-Hawk-kit" line 'cause it'll just make me go bonkers.

It's just a simple question in order to see whether I'll get yet another Flanker E kit in that scale.

Cheers now,

Unc2 

Sorry, I don’t have other kits of the Su-35 family, so there is no basis for comparison!

It was never a research goal to observe and analyse what anyone else is doing. We had our own priorities and ideas of what we want to see in our kit. Research and design was based on this. The final decision in each case was up to the manufacturer, all we could do is make suggestions from a modellers point of view. Some of them where incorporated, some not.  

A personal note, I don’t think it would be too ethical for me to say anything about other kits since I am deeply involved in this one.

Please ask people who have both kits and I am sure they will be able to say far more.

And yes, this thread is about the G.W.H Su-35S kit. All I can do is to show what the kit looks like, what the different details are which were important for Haneto and me. It is up to everyone else to make a decision based on the images. This is not “HYPE” as someone has pointed out, simply showing the kit! You are all grown-ups to make a decision and based on your own taste make a choice between different kits.

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think enough has been shown of the new 48th scale GWH Su-35S  kit in the past months. Now it is time to add few drops of paint and do the second test build, this time here in Europe.

It is here:

Best regards

Gabor

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, ya-gabor said:

But first here is a bit of the fuselage after the cockpit which had some questions.

2Zx5wzv.jpg

:blink2: Good Lair!

What's with that awful trench of a panel line running across the fuselage at the level of the slats? That's a turn-off to me. What happened?

9 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:blink2: Good Lair!

What's with that awful trench of a panel line running across the fuselage at the level of the slats? That's a turn-off to me. What happened?

It doesn't look like that on the pics of the parts appearing on the Chinese in box review.

An early test shot part maybe ?

Madcop

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, madcop said:

It doesn't look like that on the pics of the parts appearing on the Chinese in box review.

An early test shot part maybe ?

Yeh, it does look like that one every kit.

Anyways, madcop; I feel that arguing with you regarding any subject is like this: