1:144 T-16 Skyhopper Scratch Build

Thanks for the thorough explanation.

I recently got a Silhouette brand cutter, but I've yet to put it though it's paces.  It looks like it will be a game changer. You're really doing some inspirational stuff with yours.

Peter

Yeah, for scratching with styrene it really is. I could never cut those typical Star Wars-y plating notches cleanly by hand. The Cricut Maker with its knife blade attachment cuts them precisely down to 0.5mm, and the cut out bits can then be added back onto the plating for more precise raised detail. Check out these podracer engines I built entirely with machine-cut styrene (and cast greeblies):

31700752757_ac8c877be7_c.jpg 46589723272_300e08e95c_c.jpg

Edited by monsterpartyhat
  • Like 5

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone,

I know it's been almost 11 months since the last update on the T16 skyhopper, but if you want want of your own, read on.....

I initially intended to produce a small number of kits myself, but then life got in the way, so I've gotten all the files cleaned up and wrote step-by-step assembly instructions, along with a bill of materials for everything you need to build one of your own if you're interested in having a teeny-tiny mostly-accurate Skyhopper of your own.  Everything is posted on my personal website -- https://monster.partyhat.co/article/1-144th-scale-t-16-skyhopper-kit/

There you'll find the SVG file for use in a cutting machine to cut the flat styrene, an STL file for the 3D printed greeblies (which are also available from Shapeways), a list of the remaining assorted materials needed, and step-by-step instructions for how to put it together. 

49188351428_6d1116be1f_z.jpg

• Like 5