Pics of f-16a block 10 intake threat warning antenna

PaulR

Hi all,

A bit of an obscure questions, but I am looking for close up pictures of the threat warning antenna just ahead of the front wheel well (but behind the UHF antenna just behind the intake lip) for a F-16A block 10. Any pics/links appreciated!

Cheers, Paul

I don't have any photos to attach or link to, but I can tell you where you can find a very good close-up photo.   Borrow or buy a copy of The Modern Early Viper Guide   by Jake Melampy 2011.   On pg. 141 there is a very good close up photo of this RWR antenna (clearly shows that this antenna is mounted slightly left of a/c centerline).   An on facing pg. 140, two slightly further away side views that show shape.   Perhaps another board member has this book and equipment to scan and post this photo?   (Comment:  I consider this book a must for any modeller of early block F-16 aircraft and one of the treasures of my library.)   If you are a serious F-16 wonk, find a way to acquire this book ..... and its sister publication on the F-16C.

Are you modelling a Block 10?    I've been researching a conversion of a Tamiya F-16C back to a Block A.   Hoping to start on it soon.