LVG C.VI "The Duellists" (Part 2) - Wingnut Wings 1:32

LVG C.VI "The Duellists" (Part  2)

1:32 Wingnut Wings

lvg84.jpg

Remember the old Airfix 'Dogfight Doubles' with 2 kits of adversaries in the same box? Like the Camel & Albatros, Bristol Fighter & Fokker triplane, well Wingnut Wings have produced a similar idea, only this time they have put two of their superb kits into 1 boxing to depict an actual documented encounter that took place. 

cam0.jpg

This one is of LVG C.VI 7243/18 which encountered 2 Sopwith Camels from B flight of 4 Squadron Australian Flying Corps. The Camels shot down and captured the LVG, which was made airworthy again,a nd flown to the UK. Later it went on to Australia as a war prize, but sadly was not preserved. A fuller account is in the In box review done earlier this year.

I have already built the Camel, In Ready For Inspection here.

The LVG has long been unavailable from Wingnut Wings, so this is a welcome chance to get one if you missed it first time around.  There is a Work in Progress thread on the LVG here.

I covered the LVG fuselage with individual panels of Uschi Van Der Rosten plywood grain decals, which was a long job but well worth it. The kit itself goes together beautifully, as expected from Wingnut Wings,  and the completed duo make an extra special addition to the display cabinet.

lvg85.jpg

lvg86.jpg

lvg87.jpg

lvg88.jpg

lvg89.jpg

lvg90.jpg

lvg91.jpg

lvg92.jpg

lvg93.jpg

And with the Camel;

lvg94.jpg

lvg95.jpg

lvg96.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 29

I'm lucky in that I get to see these beautiful models in the flesh. They really are stunning, and whilst the kits are amazing it takes talent to produce the results we see here.

Nice one John.  :thumbsup:

Chris.

• Like 1

Hello, John -

What can I say?  Another one of your beauties and up to your high standard as ever.  They really do look good next to each and I admit I might be tempted to this particular WNW set now I've seen yours - or may be their Albatros DV/Va triple boxing set ..................... although I'd have both if I had the money!!

Anymore WNW kits on your to-do list?

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. much appreciated.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, Epeeman said:

Anymore WNW kits on your to-do list?

Dave, about 26 at last count. I don't know where I will put them all.

Thoughts on whats next on the bench is between the Junkers J.1, or the Hansa-Brandenburg W.12, minimal rigging on both!

Like you I am tempted by the Triple Albatros boxing, but having built 3 already and having another waiting in the stash, I have to be realistic and ask myself where will I put 3 more Albatri? The funds might be better directed at the Stahltaube and whatever surprises they have lined up for Christmas.

Cheers

John